• Spokane County Raceway will host a race for the Lucky Dog Racing League from Aug. 28-30. It’s a 12- and 24-hour endurance race between 11 a.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday. Fans can come out Friday and get an inside look at the cars and meet the teams. Admission is free. Call 209-564-6744 or email@example.com
• Former major league baseball player is offering batting lessons for individuals and teams at a private facility. For information, call Marvin at (509) 627-1609.
• The Batters Box is taking registration for the Winter Baseball Academy. For more info, call 783-5160.
• The Tri-City Premier Fall Ball League is being formed for 2015. This wood-bat baseball league will run from Sept. 12-Oct. 11. Visitwww.tcpremier.com
for more information.
• Girls grades 2-8 interested in the Richland Gunners AAU program should contact John McCoy atRichlandGunnersGirlsBasketball@gmail.com
or go towww.richlandgunnersgirls.com
• Mike and Karen Hodgins will start youth basketball skills clinics for girls and boys grades 3-12 on Sept. 20. Contactbbclinics@yahoo.com
• Sagebrush Hoops Youth Teams forming now for the the 2015/2016 season. Contactsagebrushhoops@yahoo.com
• Boys and girls in grades 1-8 who are interested in playing basketball for the Hanford Flight AAU program should contact Denny DeVine firstname.lastname@example.org
or go towww.hanfordflight.com
• Columbia Youth Sports is offering skill sessions for boys and girls in grades 1–6. Clinics are Sunday afternoons at Hanford High School from Sept 20-Oct.25. Grades 1–4 are from 4-5 p.m. and grades 5-6 are from 5-6 p.m. Cost is $20/session. Contact Evan Woodward at 531-3757 email@example.com
• American Contract Bridge League Unit 442 provides many times to play during the week. All the games are played at the Richland Community Center. RDBC meets Mondays at 6 p.m., and every other Friday at 12:30 p.m. (contact Tom Edwards at 947-3572). Kay’s Klub meets Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. and every other Friday at 12:30 p.m. (contact Kay Teal at 521-2200). Bridge Buddies meets Tuesdays at 6 p.m. and Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. ( contact Larry Lang at 375-3474). The Hanford Club meets Wednesdays at 6 p.m. (contact John Van Keuren at 619-6898). Unit 442 meets the first Thursday at 6 p.m. (contact Marilyn Hesser at 308-7228). Three Rivers Club meets all other Thursdays at 6 p.m. (contact Joe Diven at 375-5127).
• Tri-City Union Gospel Mission Charity tournament will be Aug. 28 at Horn Rapids Golf Course in Richland. The Mission is committed to helping the hungry, hurting and homeless in the Columbia Basin, and provides vital services for people trying to get back on their feet. Team, hole sponsorships available. Contact Lynn at 376-4625 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Annual Charity DVS (Domestic Violence Services) tournament at Canyon Lakes will be held Sept. 11. Call Lori at 727-4512 or Kelly at 735-1295 for sponsorship or registration.
• Canyon Lakes PGA Golf Clinics held every Sunday evening from 4-5 p.m. Adults, juniors and families invited. Cost $15 for adults, $10 for juniors. Call 582-3736 or go towww.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com
• Columbia River Power Half Marathon & 8K will be Oct. 3 starting at Big River Golf Course in Umatilla. Course will cover two states, including a breathtaking run over the McNary Dam and along the basalt bluffs of the Columbia River. Call 541-567-6151 or register atwww.columbiarivermarathon.com
• For a schedule of upcoming running and multi-sport events in the Tri-Cities and local area, go towww.3RRR.org
and click on the Calendar section of the 3 Rivers Road Runners website.
• Ralph Scott Memorial Co-Ed Softball tournament will be held Oct. 3-4 at Ralph Scott Memorial Field, 812 Wallace Way in Grandview. Entry fee is $200 per team, prizes for 1st, 2nd. Register by Sept. 1. Maximum of 12 teams. All proceeds go to Children’s Organ Transplant Association, Laynee & Kammie Schneider. Call Gwen Scott at 509-851-5923 or email@example.com
• The Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility Rose-Iris General Purpose Range is open to the public for weekly target shooting from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Wednesdays and Friday-Sunday. Located near milepost 8 on State Route 225, north of Benton City. Each adult non-member shooter must pay a $10 fee. Persons under 18 years old may shoot for free when accompanied by a parent, guardian or grandparent. The Tri-Cities Shooting Association provides a staff of trained Range Safety Officers. The Shotgun Trap and Skeet Ranges are open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and 1-9 p.m. Wednesday. Visitwww.tcsa.info
• Columbia Youth Sports is offering volleyball skill sessions for boys and girls in grades 1– 8. Clinics are on Sunday afternoons at Hanford High School beginning Oct. 4 and running through Oct.25. Grades 5-8 are from 4-5 p.m. and grades 1-4 are from 5-6 p.m. Cost is $20/session. Contact Evan Woodward at 531-3757 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Yoga Community is located at 4415 W. Clearwater Ave., Kennewick. Check below for ongoing classes. Call 521-4287 or register atwww.theyogacommunity.com
• Yoga Community offers All Levels Yoga classes that are appropriate for beginners as well as more advanced practitioners. These classes are held Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., and Saturdays at 9 a.m. Different options are presented for the different levels of experience. Class is by punch card or monthly unlimited. Drop-in fee is $17, and first class at the studio is complimentary.
• Beginning Yoga courses starting Aug. 26 (6-7:30 p.m.) and Sept. 1 (9-10:30 a.m.). These eight-week courses and introduce yoga’s philosophical system, basic sitting and standing poses and alignment fundamentals. These courses are also an excellent option for students with back problems, injuries, etc. Please pre-register. Cost is $95.
• The Gentle Yoga Class returns Sept. 3 at 10 a.m. This weekly drop-in class focuses on stress reduction using simple techniques to manage and release stress. The class emphasizes the mind/body connection through breathing, stretching, and movement. Class is by punch card or monthly unlimited. Drop-in fee is $17.
Send e-mail to email@example.com; mail to: Sports Calendar, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA, 99336; fax to: 582-1510; or deliver to building.