Americans are feeling increasingly unsafe, as evidenced by the historic level of gun sales and concealed weapon permits. In my opinion a partial list of contributing causes includes:
1. The present administration prefers to call terrorist attacks workplace violence or human-initiated disasters; therefore not recognizing the threat.
2. Felons are being released early from our prisons.
3. Iran continues to test-fire missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Syrian refugees have been fully vetted while the director of the FBI states they are not.
5. The military has been reduced to historic low levels and the FBI has insufficient resources to do its mission.
6. The president boasts of a 65-nation anti-ISIS coalition that appears to exist only on paper.
7. Open borders and sanctuary cities are safe havens for felons and potential terrorists. For those who think the southern border is secure, I recommend you visit it.
8. The president states ISIS is contained, while the secretary of defense says it is not.
9. The president’s recent address to the nation indicates that he plans to do more of the same. Somehow expecting different results.
Maybe a leadership change is in order.
Donald Havre, Richland