Perhaps it would be helpful and revealing to list some of the duties of our elected Congress.
1. Recommended they (each) raise about $200,000 dollars for party responsibilities/year. This does not include funds for reelection.
2. Phone calls are to be made from across-the-street services. Why?
3. Devote four hours per day for re-election. Who is he or she elected to serve?
4. Members of Congress can receive a pension up to 80 percent of their salary.
5. They receive many perks including health care subsidies and the Congressional gym.
6. Seems strange to me that members of Congress get a publicly paid staff and maybe the staffs are running our legal proposals instead of elected officials doing the job our Congress is paid to do.
I’m sure there are many other functions dreamed up. Are there corrections, additions or more? Thanks!
James C. Langford, Richland