Firefighters responded Wednesday morning to a fire in 500 block of Riverside Drive in West Richland.
Chief Bill Whealan of Benton Fire District 4 said firefighters saw smoke at the home when they arrived after being dispatched at 8:30 a.m.
The fire was in a utility room in back of the house where a washer, dryer and freezer were located, Whealan said. The homeowner reported seeing flames near the wall heater and plug-in for the freezer. They’re looking at those things and still investigating.
Firefighters had to pull down the ceiling and walls so it doesn’t spread, but the fire damage contained to that room, Whealan said.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.