First Night Tri-Cities isn’t going on as usual this year.
The popular, family-friendly New Year’s Eve event is taking a break as it transfers to a new planning committee.
But several other celebrations are happening around town.
Here’s a look at some local events:
▪ New Year’s at the Carousel. The family event runs from 3 to 9 p.m. Dec. 31 at the Gesa Carousel of Dreams in Kennewick.
It will include entertainment such as a photo booth, face painting, jugglers and magicians.
Admission is $6 per person and includes all the entertainment, plus two rides on the carousel.
Concessions also will be open, and additional carousel tokens can be purchased.
The carousel is at 2901 Southridge Blvd.
▪ Rollarena in Richland is open from noon to 5 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight on New Year’s Eve.
Admission is $6, including a traditional roller skate rental.
Rollarena is at 849 Stevens Drive.
▪ I Am King Michael Jackson tribute starring Michael Firestone is at TRAC in Pasco.
Showtime is at 8 p.m. Dec. 31. Doors open at 7 p.m.
Advance tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for kids 17 and younger. The cost goes up $2 on the day of the show. A limited number of $45 VIP passes are available.
Tickets are available at TRAC, the Red Lion Hotel in Pasco, the Kennewick Ranch and Home and www.traconline.com.
TRAC is at 6600 Burden Blvd.
▪ The Emerald of Siam in Richland is offering a special buffet from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 31, with music by pianist Steve Carver.
Bent on Blues and Lucky Stryke are set to play, starting at 9 p.m. Cost is $10.
Advance tickets are available at the Emerald and through Brown Paper Tickets. If not sold out, some tickets may be available at the door.
Emerald is at 1314 Jadwin Ave.
▪ A Rockin’ Eve with Soundwall is planned at The Roxy Bar and concert venue in Kennewick.
The classic rock band Soundwall will entertain.
Doors open at 8 p.m. General admission is $8. For $39, guests get an open bar and appetizers, as well.
A champagne toast is at midnight. Tickets are available through Ticketfly and at the door.
The Roxy is at 101 W. Kennewick Ave., Suite 201.
▪ A New Year’s party starts at 9 p.m. at the Grizzly Bar at the Red Lion in Pasco. It’s presented by Dick Danger Productions and sponsored by Alvarez Auto Sales.
The event includes DJs and “a concert-level sound system,” according to Facebook.
Cost is $20. Room packages also are available.
Tickets can be purchased through Brown Paper Tickets and at the door.
The Red Lion is at 2520 N. 20th Ave.
▪ New Hope Missionary Baptist Church in Pasco is holding a New Year’s Eve Praise Celebration at 9 p.m.
The free event includes gospel singing, dancers, spoken word poetry, an inspirational message and food.
The church is at 630 S. Waldemar Ave.
▪ The Tri-City Americans take on the Spokane Chiefs at 7:05 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Toyota Center box office and through Ticketmaster.