An unoccupied Kennewick home that was being remodeled was heavily damaged early Tuesday in a fire.
Authorities aren’t yet sure what sparked the blaze and are investigating.
The fire broke out about 2:53 a.m. at the home on the 3900 block of South Zillah Street. Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the front and side of the house.
A neighboring home also was threatened, “with flames impinging on the siding and the roof,” said a Kennewick Fire Department news release.
Never miss a local story.
“Crews were able to protect the exposed home and successfully kept damage out of the attic and living spaces. Crews were then able to attack the main fire building with multiple hose lines, however the home sustained significant damage,” the release said.
The Pasco Fire Department and Benton Fire District 1 sent crews to help, and Kennewick police officers also responded.