On Jan. 25 in ...
* 1979 -- The Hanford Falcons ripped Prosser 59-27 behind the strong inside play and 16 points of Kara Price in Mid-Valley League girls basketball action.
* 1971 -- Three boxers from the Tri-City Boxing Club won their matches when they visited the state institution in Walla Walla. O.J. Miles, 127, was judged outstanding boxer for the night; Mac Miller, 145, won his fight with a TKO in the second round; and Andy Robuck, 175, won in a three-round decision.
* 1968 -- Steve Nilson (114 pounds) and Leroy Arnold (140) each pinned their opponents to lead the Kiona-Benton wrestlers to a 34-8 dual-meet victory over Dayton.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* 1966 -- Columbia Basin College announced it would immediately begin a search for a new football coach after Dwight Pool resigned to take on the new football program at Spokane JC.
* 1962 -- Jim Shook's pin at 156 pounds as Kennewick defeated Pasco 23-22 in a wrestling match.