On Jan. 24 in ...
* 2003 -- Justin Jarrett scored 24 points as Liberty Christian's boys basketball team defeated Jubilee Christian 85-79 in overtime.
* 1995 -- Tri-City Chinook guard Alphonso Ford scored 15 points to help lead the National Conference past the American Conference 119-115 in the Continental Basketball Association All-Star Game in Hartford, Conn. The Chinook's Terry Ross won the Slam Dunk contest before the game.
* 1986 -- Scott Parrish scored 30 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as the Grandview boys defeated Prosser 73-53 in basketball.
* 1979 -- Walter Jordan scored 30 points and Jeff Cook added 23, but it wasn't enough as the Richland-based Washington Lumberjacks lost 118-115 to the Montana Sky in Western Basketball Association play in Great Falls, Mont.
* 1974 -- Allan Moulton (135 pounds), Dan Edson (148) and Craig Solbrack (158) all earned pins as the Othello wrestling team defeated Warden 37-9.