On Jan. 19 in ...
* 1979 -- Lilton Green paced Pasco with 12 points, Richard King and Joe Goree added eight apiece and Tom McGinnis, Isadore Henderson and Vintley Harper scored six each as the visiting Bulldogs beat Moses Lake 64-45 in a Big Nine Conference game.
* 1974 -- Richland's full-court press overcame Walla Walla's six-point halftime lead as the Bombers rode Mike Neill's 29 points to a 55-44 Big Nine Conference win.
* 1974 -- Former CBC wrestler Don Draper won his 126-pound matchup as Eastern Washington State handed Central Washington its first-ever Evergreen conference defeat. The Eagles dominated the lower weights, holding a 12-2 lead after four matches, which also included Rocky Outcalt's victory at 118 pounds.
* 1971 -- Christ the King broke loose a close game with 30 points in the second half to overwhelm Kiona-Benton 51-34 and remain unbeaten in its sixth Tri-County League basketball game. Gary Anderson scored 13 points for CK as the team improved to 8-2 on the season.
* 1964 -- The Pasco Gun Club started the 45th Inland Empire Telegraphic Trapshoot with a 96x100 score -- but the only perfect 25 on the blustery day didn't count. Bill Bailey hit 25 in a row, but it was the second time he shot, and thus it could not be used in team scoring.
* 1964 -- The dads handed the sons a 44-35 loss in the annual Christ the King Father-Son basketball game. It was the dads' first victory in three games. Pete Dauenhauer scored eight points for the winners, and Gary Polk had 13 points for the losers.