On this day in ...
* 1991 -- Tiffany Scott had 19 kills and Deanna Sporcich added 11 as Pasco rallied from being down 2-0 to defeat Kamiakin 3-2 in Big Nine Conference volleyball. The scores were 11-15, 4-15, 15-8, 15-7 and 15-4.
* 1982 -- Craig Robinson passed for 144 yards, including touchdown strikes of 60 and 26 yards, to lead Kennewick's football team to a 20-0 victory over Richland.
* 1962 -- The Tri-City Braves and the Los Angeles Angels announced the consumation of a full-working agreement for the 1963 season. It was the Braves' second full-working agreement with a major league team. They had one in 1958 with the Pittsburgh Pirates, and in 1962 the Braves worked with nine different big-league teams. Tri-City Herald sports editor Charlie Van Sickle announced the deal in his other working role as the Braves' team president.
* 1952 -- Walla Walla was ranked No. 1 in Class A in the first AP state football poll of the season. Richland was ranked fifth. Dayton was the No. 1 team in the Class B top-5 poll.
* 1952 -- Orville Olson defeated John O'Brien 5 and 4 to win the Tri-City Country Club men's 36-hole golf championship.