It's time again for the biggest stories of the year to be featured on radio, TV and in the newspapers.
As we did last year, the Herald editorial page has elected to look ahead instead and give a sampling of headlines we would take a particular interest in seeing in the coming year.
We don't necessarily agree with all of them, but we're inclined to think any one of the following headlines would make a really, really, really interesting story.
These imagined headlines are in no particular order and some might even conflict with each other.
* Philandering politician admits guilt
* Aggrieved wife dumps him
* Tri-City drivers finally hang up their cell phones
* KGH, Kadlec agree that it is 2011
* Herald gets so thin, newsprint has only one side
* Osama bin Laden to appear on America's Most Wanted
* Paterson petitions to be Benton County seat
* 2010 winter storms predicted over by June
* Palin eyes Didier as 2012 running mate
* Architectural Digest names Benton dog pound 'Best'
* Greenhouse effect lulls winds at Horse Heaven Hills
* Bypass highway planned around Road 68 development
* Light flutter at LIGO means universe older than we thought
* 'Ignore that rumble,' say Mount St. Helens scientists
* Cougs go undefeated