1) b. Jefferson and Adams. This date is the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, for which Jefferson was the main author. Adams died a few hours later. James Monroe died on the same day five years later.
2) All but c. The rest all have statewide bans.
3) d. Aug. 2, almost a month after if was dated.
4) a. Pikes Peak. It was written after a hiking trip.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
5) b. My Country, ‘tis of Thee
6) b, Philadelphia. It weighs almost a ton and was rung on July 8, 1776, at the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence.
7) b. 27, which states, “No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.”
8) a. King George III
9) d. All of the above.
10) c. 56 with John Hancock being the first to sign.
11) b. Six years
12) c. When in the course of human events.If you answered “d” you are close. It’s from the Declaration, just not the opening lines.