Each year, Washington River Protection Solutions awards scholarships to five high school seniors as part of the company’s family scholarship program. All the recipients are children of employees. Each student receives a $2,000 scholarship. Winners are selected on the basis of leadership, scholastic achievement and community service.
• Todd Bowers, son of employee David Bowers and his wife, Lori Bowers. Bowers is a graduate of Richland High School. He plans to attend Brigham Young University and major in biology.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Tri-City Herald
• Carrie Keller, daughter of employee Roger Keller. Keller is a graduate of Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas. She plans to attend Barrett, The Honors College at Arizona State University, and major in biology and/or law.
• Patrick O’Toole, son of employee Steven O’Toole and his wife, Colleen O’Toole. O’Toole is a graduate of Hanford High School. He plans to attend the University of Southern California and major in economics and/or finance.
• Liliana Rasmussen, daughter of employee Juergen Rasmussen and his wife, Hongfei Zha Rasmussen. Rasmussen is a graduate of Hanford High School. She plans to attend the University of Washington and major in economics, computer science or engineering.
• David Thien, the son of employee Mike Thien and his wife, Kristi Thien. Thien is a graduate of Chiawana High School. He plans to attend the University of Washington and major in computer science.