The Renton Fire Department reports a man in his 20s was seriously injured early Thursday by a homemade “sparkler bomb.”
KIRO-TV reported that the man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Renton Fire Department Battalion Chief Kevin Anderson says the man had significant injuries that were caused by a homemade firework.
Debris was found around a Renton apartment complex, including some debris as far away as 125 feet.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Sparkler bombs are basically many sparklers wrapped together.