PULLMAN -- The Washington State University student who accidently lit his clothes on fire in his dorm room Tuesday is from Kennewick, police said.
The 18-year-old freshman apparently was lighting isopropyl alcohol on fire in his room in the Perham Hall dormitory when the flammable liquid spilled on his clothing, said Lt. Steve Hansen of the WSU Police Department.
Hansen declined to identify the student, but confirmed the young man is from Kennewick.
University officials have talked to the teen's parents, Hansen said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Tri-City Herald
The student suffered severe -- but not life-threatening -- burns. He was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The teen may be released from the hospital as early as today, Hansen said.