Firefighters battled a garage fire Wednesday afternoon in Kennewick that displaced a family with seven children.
The fire started about 3:45 p.m. in the home's attached garage at 1809 S. Rainier St.
Kenneth and Melisa Stenersen and their seven children live in the home. The Stenersens smelled the smoke and called for help.
They said they wouldn't be staying in the home Wednesday night but did have a place to stay. No one was injured.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Kennewick fire Deputy Chief Marvin Leonard said the fire was mostly in the garage, which was used for storing bikes and tools, and in the attic.
Firefighters from the Kennewick and Richland fire department and Benton fire districts 1 and 4 responded.