Here is a partial list of events planned this month.
For updates and the full calendar, visit www.earthmonthmc.org or call 509-942-7730.
* Tuesday -- Kite making and flying, 10 a.m., CREHST museum, Richland, to register, call 943-9000.
* April 5, 12, 19 and 26 -- Kids Earth Month story time, 10 a.m., Richland Public Library, 840 Northgate Drive.
* Wednesday -- Kite making and flying, 10 a.m., Richland Community Center, 500 Amon Park Drive; to register, call 942-7529.
* Thursday -- The Future of Astronomy, 7 p.m., Mid-Columbia Libraries, 1620 S. Union St., Kennewick.
* Friday -- Kite making, 10 a.m., Kennewick location to be announced; register by calling 222-5080.
* Saturday-- Cleanup volunteer project, McNary National Wildlife Refuge, 9 a.m. to noon, call 546-8300 to register.
* Saturday -- Film Truck Farm, 2:30 p.m., Richland Public Library, 840 Northgate Drive, $3 or $1 off with a can of nonperishable food.
* Sunday -- Tri-City Kite Festival, noon, Columbia Point Marina Park; all kite fliers welcome.
* Sunday-April 16 -- Environmental Education Week, register to participate or join network of schools at www.eeweek.org.
* April 11-17 -- Richland neighborhood cleanup week, yard debris containers placed at Badger Mountain Park, off Keene Road.
* April 12 -- Volunteer training for those interested in the National Wildlife Refuge System, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; register by calling 546-8346.
* April 15-16 -- Children's consignment sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday; Columbia Community Church, 150 Gage Blvd., Richland; www.ccckidssale.weebly.com.
* April 16 -- Shred two file boxes of documents for free, Kennewick Target parking lot, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, call CI Shred, 586-6090.
* April 16 -- Tour Kadlec Regional Medical Center's organic garden, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 888 Swift Blvd.
* April 16-17 -- Gem & Mineral Show, Benton County Fairgrounds, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, 1500 S. Oak St., Kennewick.
* April 20 -- Learn to crochet plastic bags, Richland Community Center, 12:30 to 3 p.m., register and get supply list by calling 942-7529.
* April 22 -- National Earth Day -- Winners of the Kid's Video/Essay Contest will be announced on www.earthmonthmc.org.