KENNEWICK -- A Kennewick man is being treated at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after his shirt caught on fire while he was driving.
K.J. Glenn, 52, spilled a small amount of gasoline on his shirt when he filled his vehicle at 3:44 p.m. Wednesday at the SunMart on 27th Avenue in Kennewick, according to Kennewick police reports.
As he drove off, he lit a cigarette, which ignited the gasoline on his shirt, according to police.
Glenn and two men riding in the vehicle climbed out of it while it still was moving, according to police.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The driverless vehicle hit another car and then a flagpole in the SunMart parking lot, according to police.
Glenn, who was the only one injured, had first- and second-degree burns.