Volunteers sought for 3 Richland boards

The Richland City Council is accepting applications from citizens interested in serving on its Board of Adjustment.

The board meets the third Thursday at 7 p.m. The term is for five years.

The council also is accepting applications from those interested in serving on the Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee.

The committee meets on the second Tuesday at 4 p.m. The term is three years, or until Dec. 31, 2013.

The applications are due Jan. 21.

Applications also are being accepted from citizens interested in serving on the Personnel Committee.

An applicant must be a citizen of the United States, a registered voter in Benton County and a Richland resident for at least three years immediately preceding this appointment.

The committee meets the second Thursday of every other month or as called. The term is for three years.

The application deadline is Jan. 14.

Details are available on the city's website at www.ci.richland.wa.us by clicking on City Government, Boards and Commissions or by calling the City Clerk's Office at 942-7388. Applicants must be Richland residents.