HERMISTON -- No one was injured when an attic of a Hermiston home caught on fire Saturday night.
The attic of a residence on the 300 block of Gladys Avenue caught on fire at 9:44 p.m., said Capt. Jeff Adkins of the Hermiston Fire Department.
The family was home at the time, and the fire department was able to respond quickly and contain the fire, he said.
The attic does have smoke and some flame damage, Adkins said. The cause is under investigation, but officials suspect it could have been caused by faulty wiring.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.