PASCO -- A Pasco house was seriously damaged by fire Saturday afternoon when a motorcycle was left running unattended.
"Evidently a motorcycle was started in the garage and left idling," said Pasco Fire Chief Bob Gear.
The fire was at 2:15 p.m. at 4420 W. Marie St.
A neighbor came over a short time later to alert the homeowners, who were not identified, that their house was on fire, Gear said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Tri-City Herald
"By the time we got there it was fully engulfed," he said. "We were able to save about 25 percent of the home's contents."
No one was hurt.
Firefighters from Pasco, Kennewick, Benton Fire District 1 and Franklin Fire District 3 helped fight the blaze.
It was put out in about two hours.
"The heat was pretty intense," Gear said. "It was the first fire of the season when the weather is hot, which always makes it a little tougher to fight."