PASCO — A couple times a month Albertsons offers a store coupon called “Twice the Value,” also known as “doublers.”
We receive these coupons in the Albertsons store ad in our Sunday newspaper on occasion, such as on May 15, which are good for three days. Most of us notice these coupons, but don’t understand how they work.
First, if you do not have an Albertsons Preferred Card, get one. It only takes a few minutes to fill out the form at the Customer Service desk or online, and it’s free. This preferred card allows you to receive in-store instant savings with a swipe of your card at checkout.
Also, for every $50 you spend you save $.05 per gallon of gas at any Albertsons Express Gas Station! To participate in using the Twice the Value coupons, you are required to have an Albertsons Preferred Card. Now, here’s a quick and to-the-point way to use Albertsons Twice the Value coupons.
1. Purchase the Tri-City Herald on Sunday, May 15, and buy the same amount of papers that you have mouths to feed if your household. For example, if you’re married and without children, buy two newspapers.
2. Gather the Albertsons ad and cut out all three of the Twice the Value coupons from each ad. If you purchased two newspapers, you will have a total of 6 coupons.
3. Twice the Value coupons are to be paired with manufacturer coupons (clearly stated “manufacturer coupon” on your coupons) to double the value of dollars off, not exceeding $1. For example, if you have a $1 off one box of Kraft Mac & Cheese, you can use one Twice the Value coupon for a total of $2 off one box. Often times, this leads to FREE or cheap items! Even if a manufacturer coupon states “do not double” Albertsons will still accept and double that coupon, it’s in their policy.
4. Albertsons policy also states that there is a three Twice the Value rule for Albertsons. You may use one set of three Twice the Values coupons per transaction, with a total of 3 transactions per day per preferred card. If you plan on using three sets of three Twice the Value coupons, you will need to purchase your items separately by using 3 different transactions.
5. Plan your shopping trip. Gather the coupons that you plan to double, trying to pair what you need with what is on sale.
6. Plan your transactions. Divide your coupons so that you have one Twice the Value coupon for each manufacturer coupon, and that you have maximum of three Twice the Value coupons per transaction with a total of no more than three separate transactions per day. If you use three sets of three Twice the Value coupons on Sunday, you can use 3 sets of 3 again on Monday, and again on Tuesday.
7. When you head to check out, make sure you have your Albertsons Preferred card! Watch Savvygirl Living's blog to see when the Albertsons Twice the Value coupons are expected, and what is on sale at Albertsons each week. Also read Albertsons Coupon Policy here.