Home & Garden

Home and garden briefs: Walla Walla Master Gardeners' clinics

WALLA WALLA -- Bugs eating your veggies?

Leaves on your birch tree turning brown?

Take your gardening questions to the Walla Walla County Extension office from 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays or 9 to 11 a.m. Thursdays and talk to a Master Gardener.

The office is at 328 W. Poplar St., Walla Walla.

Plant samples and insects -- inside a jar or a sealed plastic bag please -- also can be dropped off at the Extension office weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 5 p.m. Include your name and phone or e-mail address or call 509-524-2685.

While at the Extension office, pick up free tip sheets on a variety of gardening topics.

Master Gardeners also have a booth at the Walla Walla Farmer's Market on Saturdays.

Designers, decorators not synonymous jobs

Interior designers and decorators can create aesthetically pleasing rooms, however, the terms aren't synonymous.

In case you're among the confused, here's clarification: Decorators deal mostly with surface decor: paint, fabric, furnishings, lighting and such, (think fashion).

Designers take into account human interaction or behavior, focusing on the functionality, efficiency, and safety of spaces, according to interiordesignschoolreview.com.

Some states require a license.