- The Richland chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma recently awarded three $500 scholarships to local students.
Mikayla Sievers of Richland High School and McCade Bell and Akila Sriram of Hanford High School each received a scholarship.
- Paul Quinonez of Pasco and Lidia Parra of Kennewick each received a Simon Youth Foundation Community Scholarship.
Quinonez, a graduate of Pasco High School, received a $1,400 scholarship.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Parra, a graduate of Kamiakin High School, received a $700 scholarship.
- The Kiwanis Club of Pasco recently awarded its Legion of Honor award to 10 members.
Ron Bruce, Kevin Williams, Vincent DeLiso, Neva Corkrum and Richard Lathim were honored for 25 years of service to the community and the club.
Larry Ward was honored for 35 years of service. Webster Jackson and Carl Leth were honored for 40 years of service.
John Schultz was honored for 45 years of service. Ed Ray was honored for 65 years of service.
- Morgan McCune and Breanna Lyons of Kennewick each received a Mike Harper Leadership Scholars award.
The $2,500 scholarship is for high school seniors with a parent employed by ConAgra Foods.
Mike Harper scholars are chosen based on their leadership activities, academic performance and an application essay.
McCune is the daughter of Trace McCune. Lyons is the daughter of Randy Lyons.
- Rosa Gomez of Pasco recently received the Gary and Barbara Rodkin Scholarship Fund award.
The $4,000 scholarship is for students with a parent employed by ConAgra Foods. Gomez is the daughter of Santiago Gomez.
w Matthew Storm of Benton City was commissioned by the Navy. Storm participated in the ROTC program at Oregon State University. He is the son of Mike and Katy Storm of Benton City.
- Dylan Larrabee has received a Transfer Academic Honors Scholarship for $3,500 for the 2013-14 academic year at Eastern Washington University.
Dylan graduated from Southridge High School in 2011. In high school, he participated in science bowl, Science Olympiad and tennis. He is studying biology at EWU.
He is the son of Jodi and Marc Larrabee of Kennewick.
- The following students graduated from Colby College with bachelor's degrees at the bicentennial-year commencement in Waterville, Maine.
JeeSol Kim of Richland, the daughter of Michelle Portch of Richland, and Yi-Kyung Kim and Sook-Young Park of Dae-jeon, Republic of Korea, majored in government and global studies and is a graduate of Hanford High School in Richland.
Emily L. Shankle of Kennewick, the daughter of Diana Shankle and Steve Shankle, both of Kennewick, majored in history and English and is a graduate of Kamiakin High School in Kennewick.
- Hanford High School student Shanta Katipamula recently earned a gold medal in the GENIUS Olympiad.
The event, held June 16-21 in Oswego, New York, is a high school competition focused on environmental issues.
Katipamula's winning project was "Working Towards a Greener Future: Investigating the Most Efficient and Cost Effective Method to Obtain Hydrogen from Water."
- Sengthian Sisayaket of Richland recently received a $1,000 Ames Family Scholarship.
The scholarship was awarded by the Department of Mathematics at Washington State University.
Sengthian is a graduate of Hanford High School and majoring in mathematics and music at the university. She is the daughter of Somboun and Bounmy Sisayaket of Pasco.
- Noah Zehr of Kennewick received a 4.0 grade-point average at Utica College in Utica, N.Y.
Zehr's accomplishment qualified him for the spring 2013 dean's high honors list.
Zehr is majoring in cybersecurity and information assurance.
- The Washington Apple Education Foundation recently awarded scholarships to high school graduates raised in the state's fruit-growing districts.
Rodrigo Bonilla of Prosser High School received $5,000; Julie Campos of Chiawana High School, $2,000; Miguel Delamora of Chiawana High School, $1,800; Vanessa Alvarez of Connell High School, $3,500; Heidi Empey of Connell High School, $2,500; Jesus Larios of Kennewick High School, $6,500; Raul Ramirez of Kennewick High School, $3,000; and Adolfo Pineda of Pasco High School, $2,000.
- The Art Fuller Scholarships were recently awarded to two local students.
Haley Weis, a Chiawana High School graduate, received $1,000.
Cydney Thompson of Benton City and a sophomore at George Fox University also received $1,000. The scholarships are for students studying any aspect of theater or other performing arts.