No injuries were reported after firefighters responded to a smoke call at the Clover Island Inn Saturday afternoon.
A call of standing smoke in a kitchen and hallway area was received about 1:10 p.m.,and crews from the Kennewick Fire Department and Benton County Fire District 1 responded.
Kennewick Battalion Chief Mikal Barnett attributed the smoke to an electrical issue with a circulation pump motor. He said crews found no fire when they responded. He did not say how much damaged the smoke caused.
The Clover Island Inn was not evacuated. Barnett said the cause of the fire will be investigated.