OTHELLO — Here is today's Class 2A first-round preview of the Othello Huskies vs. Steilacoom Sentinels
* Time, date, place: 1 p.m. today, Othello
* Head coaches: Steilacoom, Brian Koch; Othello, Roger Hoell.
* Leagues: Steilacoom, South Puget Sound League; Othello, Central Washington Athletic League.
* Records: Steilacoom, 7-3; Othello, 8-2.
* Next opponent: Archbishop Murphy vs. Tumwater winner
* Last week: Steilacoom 38, Kingston 17; Othello 41, Ellensburg 7.
* Playoff appearances: Steilacoom, 12; Othello, 20.
* Last playoff appearance: Steilacoom, 2008 (lost first round); Othello, 2010 (lost first round).
* Deepest advancement: Steilacoom, quarterfinals (1983, Mukilteo 3-0; 1984, Montesano 28-19; 1988, Castle Rock 28-7; 1992, Meridian 35-7; 1994, Montesano 55-7; 1995, Meridian, 21-0; 2002, Lynden Christian 28-7; 2003, La Center 42-21); Othello, title game (1998, Othello 53, Elma 21; 2001, Elma 43-22; 2004, Othello 31, East Valley-Yakima 21).
* Previous playoff meetings: None.
* Steilacoom leaders: Jake Esseln, 10 rushing TD; James Mack, 9 rushing TD.
* Othello leaders: Caleb Garza, senior, running back; David Garza, junior, quarterback; Trevor Walker, junior, wide receiver; Joey Gomez, senior, fullback.
Notes: The Sentinels have won four consecutive games and six of seven since opening the season 1-2. ... Steilacoom abandoned its kicking game early in the season and typically goes for two-point conversions after every touchdown. ... The Sentinels have a run based offense, racking up 27 touchdowns on the ground this season -- while throwing for just four. ... Caleb Garza led the CWAC in rushing for a second consecutive season, finishing with 1,238 yards and 14 touchdowns. ... Cousin David Garza got better as the season went on, finishing with 1,259 yards passing with 18 touchdowns and seven interceptions. ... Gomez provides some thunder to the running game, playing off the lightning of Caleb Garza quite well. ... The Huskies have dominated nearly everyone on the schedule -- except for a close loss in the season opener to Class 1A Connell and a big loss at Prosser.