COLVILLE — Here is today's Class 1A first-round preview of Royal Knights vs. Colville Indians
* Time, date, place: 2 p.m. today, Colville.
* Head coaches: Royal, Wiley Allred; Colville, Randy Cornwell.
* Leagues: Royal, SCAC East; Colville, Northeast A League.
* Records: Royal, 8-2; Colville, 5-4.
* Next opponent: Chelan vs. Cle Elum/Roslyn winner.
* Last week: Royal 14, Goldendale 7; Colville 33, Omak 19.
* Playoff appearances: Royal, 21; Colville, 7.
* Last playoff appearance: Royal, 2010 (lost first round); Colville, 2009 (lost first round).
* Deepest advancement: Royal, title game (1994, Montesano 27-21; 1996, Royal 70, Toledo 0; 2000, Royal 49, Tacoma Baptist 17; 2002, Archbishop Murphy 35-14; 2004, Royal 29, Freeman 7; 2005, Royal 34, Tonasket, 14; 2007, Royal 28, Connell 16); Colville, quarterfinals (2006, Tumwater 28-25).
* Previous playoff meetings: None.
* Royal leaders: Alex Myrick, junior, quarterback; Alex Ramirez, junior, running back; Jose Gaxiola, senior, kicker.
* Colville leaders: Alex Pond, senior, quarterback/linebacker; Colton Davis, senior, fullback.
Notes: The Knights finished second in the SCAC East and gave Connell one of its toughest games of the season, giving hope that Royal has a deep playoff run in them. ... Led by Myrick, who has rushed for 513 yards and 13 touchdowns and has passed for 1,508 yards with 18 touchdowns and just five interceptions, Royal has a balanced offensive attack. ... Gaxiola has made 46 extra points this season, making him a valuable weapon. ... Wide receiver Brady Dixon has come on strong lately and could provide an extra weapon for Royal. ... The Indians played a brutal nonleague schedule, losing to Lakeland, Idaho, Class 2A state-qualifier West Valley, Class 1A regional-qualifier Newport and Class 2A East Valley. Since the 0-4 start, the Indians have won five in a row, including handing fellow state qualifier Freeman its only loss of the season. ... Alex Pond and Scott Sheehan have split time under center this season as they attempt to replace Sawyer Bardwell who was the NEA offensive player of the year in 2010. ... Colton Davis has carried the rushing attack, scoring 17 touchdowns. ... Norwegian foreign exchange student Magnus Johansen is 21-for-21 on extra points this season.