Here is a preview of the Ephrata Tigers for the 2011 CWAC football season:
Coach: Jay Mills (11th year, 36-65).
Last league title: 1992.
Last playoff berth: 2007.
Home field: Kiwanis Field.
Players to watch
FB Fidel Bazan, Sr., (5-11, 200); QB Tyler Clark, Jr. (6-0, 165); WR Jacob Crowder, Jr., (6-3, 175); RB Jacob Green, Sr., (5-10, 175); RB/WR Micah Ohl, Sr., (5-8, 160).
* One thing the Tigers have this season is speed. Mills will want to get Ohl -- who ran an 11.09 seconds in the 100 meters at state -- as many touches as possible. Ohl moves from running back out to a receiver spot.
* Mills also is moving Bazan and Green from the offensive line, where they played last season, into the backfield. Green was the 400-meter champion in track in the CWAC last spring.
* Clark has the inside track at QB, but Evan Brooks and Tyson Martin are also battling.
* Whoever the QB is, he'll have a big target out there with Crowder.
* Ephrata and neighborhood rival Quincy get together twice this season: tonight in a nonleaguer and Nov. 3.
The key for Ephrata will be the offensive line play. Speed won't mean a thing if the QB or running backs don't get enough time to do anything with the football.