Looking for a way to revive your tired exercise routine?
Go old school with snowshoeing, a vintage sport that's easy to learn and different from the standard winter fare.
Whether you're just starting or are a veteran, the 9 Series Snowshoe Kit by Atlas has everything you will need (minus the snow): two 9 Series Snowshoes, two poles and a zippered carrying case.
The shoes are ideal for trail walking and feature Atlas' free-rotating suspension, which is a patented system that suspends your feet and allows them to move freely with minimal resistance.
It also absorbs impact and helps enhance traction on uneven surfaces. Flexible binding keeps feet secure in the shoes.
Their lightweight aluminum V-frames help maintain a natural stride, even in deep snow.
Poles have two parts for easy storage and are also made from lightweight aluminum.
Shoes are available in two adjustable unisex models, the 925 and 930.
The 925 is 25 inches, with a surface area of 176 square inches and weight capacity of 120 to 200 pounds.
The 930 is 30 inches, with a surface area of 222 square inches and weight capacity of 150 to 250-plus pounds.
The snowshoes are available at www.atlassnowshoe.com. Price is $199.95.
Ski & Snow app gives you reports from resorts
* What it is: Snow reports from your favorite resorts and more.
* How it works: Find your resort and press a button to get alerts when your favorite mountain gets new snow.
* Why it's great: There are a lot of ski report apps, but Zumobi Network's Ski & Snow report is more friendly and elegant, and favored by more skiers. You get the typical roundup of conditions all in a format that's easy on the eyes.
* Why you might hesitate: The ads at the bottom of each screen are annoying when they supersize themselves.
* Whom it's for: Anyone who can't wait to hit the trails.