▪ The Tri-City Premier Fall Ball League for ages 9-18 is being formed for 2016. The wood-bat league will run Sept. 10-Oct. 9. Information: www.tcpremier.com.
▪ The Batters Box, under new ownership, is accepting registration and deposits for the Winter Baseball Academy. Academy will consist of fielding, base running, hitting, bunting and pitching drills. Three sessions available. The Batters Box is at 1238 Columbia Park Trail, Richland. Information: thebattersbox-rca.com, 509-783-5160.
▪ Former Major League Baseball player is offering baseball and softball hitting lessons at a private facility. Contact Marvin at 551-2527.
▪ The 2016 Lions Girls Basketball Camp, led by Kennewick High School basketball coaches and varsity players, is July 5-8 at the Kennewick High Lions Den. Grades 2-5, 1-2:30 p.m.; grades 6-8, 2:30-4 p.m. Fee is $35 and includes basketball; scholarships available. Information: Ashley Williams, 509-942-9076, Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Big Bend Community College Lady Vikings basketball camp for girls in grades 2-9 will be July 11-14 and July 18-21 at the school’s DeVries Activities Center. Girls in the July 11-14 camp may attend from 9:30-11:30 a.m. or from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The July 18-21 camp meets from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and includes team play by skill/grade levels. Lady Vikings coach Preston Wilks and a group of current and former college players will lead the camp. Fundamentals will be taught each day. Registration/information: Preston Wilks, 509-793-2227, email@example.com.
▪ The Bomber Boosters girls youth camp is July 11-15 at Art Dawald Gym. Three sessions will be offered: Session 1 is 8:30-10 a.m. for grades 3-5. Session 2 is 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for grades 6-8. Session 3 is 1-3 p.m. for current Gunner AAU members. Cost is $55 before July 1, $60 after, and includes T-shirt. Go to www.bombercamps.com to register. Information: Cindy McCoy at 430-2035.
▪ Columbia Youth Sports is offering a basketball shooting clinic for boys and girls in kindergarten through eighth grade. The clinic will be July 12-13 at Hanford High School. K-4 is from 5:30-7 p.m. and grades 5-8 from 7-8:30 p.m. Cost is $30. Contact Evan Woodward at 509-531-3757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Columbia Youth Sports is offering a ballhandling clinic for boys and girls in kindergarten through eighth grade. The clinic will be July 19-20 at Hanford High School. K-4 is from 5:30-7 p.m. and grades 5-8 from 7-8:30 p.m. Cost is $30. Contact Evan Woodward at 509-531-3757 or email email@example.com.
▪ The second annual ESPN Hooptastic 3-on-3 tournament will be July 23-24 at Southridge High School. Go to 3citieshoops.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
▪ American Contract Bridge League Unit 442 meets on the following days and times: Mondays: 6 p.m., Richland Duplicate Club, director Tom Edwards (946-1825); Tuesdays: 12:30 p.m., Kays Klub, director Kay Teal (521-2200); also 6 p.m., Tri-Cities Bridge Buddies, director Larry Lang (375-3474) standby provided; Wednesdays: 6 p.m. Hanford Club, director John Van Keuren (627-4416); First Thursday of the month: 6 p.m., Unit 442 game, John Van Keuren (627-4416); Thursdays: 10:30 a.m., Tri-Cities Bridge Buddies, director Larry Lang (375-3474), standby provided; also 6 p.m., Three Rivers Duplicate Bridge Club, director Marilyn Steele (392-2128), standby provided; Fridays: 12:30 p.m. (alternate Fridays), Richland Duplicate Bridge Club, director Tom Edwards (946-1824) and Kay’s Klub, director Kay Teal (521-2200). All games are at the Richland Community Center.
▪ The Tri-Cities Darting Association will host the Independence Day Steel Tip Dart Shoot at 7 p.m. July 9 at Espo’s Sports Bar & Grill, 107 Vista Way, Kennewick. Entry fee of $5. Information: Tom Cox, 509-460-6312; Jan Schroeder, 509-783-8855.
▪ The Jeff Bender Golf Academy is offering clinics for adults (July 8, 15, 22) and for juniors (July 9, 16, 23). Clinics will last 90 minutes. Adult clinics start at 6:30 p.m., and junior clinics are at 8 a.m. Cost is $65 per person. Practice balls included; equipment available if needed. Sessions will cover short game, irons and drivers/fairway metals. Limited to first 14 students. Sign up through Columbia Point Golf Shop at 509-946-0710. Information: Jeff Bender, 509-781-1516, or email email@example.com.
▪ The 2016 Coca-Cola Canyon Lakes Junior Golf Academy will be Tuesdays and Thursdays through July 7. Two sessions: 8-9:30 a.m. or 9:30-11 a.m. Limited to 30 per session. Cost is $150. Expanded junior sessions also available. Information: 509-582-3736 or www.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com.
▪ The United Way Charity Golf Tournament is July 29 at Wildhorse Golf Course in Pendleton. Entry fee for the four-person scramble is $100 and includes green fees, golf cart and lunch. Call 541-276-2661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The eighth annual Jess Ford of Pullman Hardhat Classic golf tournament is July 30 at Palouse Ridge Golf Club in Pullman. The tournament benefits the WSU Facilities Services Scholarship Fund/Endowment. Check-in is at 7 a.m., with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. Entry fee is $135 and includes 18 holes, golf cart rental, hat, practice balls and a buffet lunch from Banyan’s on the Ridge. Registration: www.hardhatclassic.wsu.edu/sign-up-now.
▪ Canyon Lakes offers several weekly competitions, including 94.9 The Wolf Howlin’ Mondays and Eagle 106.5 Two Man Tuesdays. Information: 509-582-3736 or www.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com.
▪ The Harvey Insurance Canyon Lakes 9-hole, 3-club Tournament is July 7 with a 6 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $30, plus a $20 green fee for non-members. There is a 100 percent payout plus a spaghetti dinner. Open to men, ladies and professionals. Call 582-3736 or go to www.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com.
▪ Three Rivers Lacrosse is sponsoring free girls lacrosse clinics for grades 1-12 every Monday this summer except July 4. The clinics are 6:30-8 p.m. at Badger Mountain Community Park in Richland. Bring a stick and goggles if you have them. Parent waivers must be signed by all non-club participants. For questions, email Jojo at email@example.com.
▪ Party Bridge players meet from 8:30-11:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at the Richland Community Center. Cards and partners provided. Cost is $1 per session, to be paid at the front desk of the community center. Information: Rose Moore, 509-539-9300; Lewis Smathers, 509-539-6800.
▪ For a schedule of upcoming running and multi-sport events in the Tri-Cities and local area, go to www.3RRR.org and click on the Calendar section of the 3 Rivers Road Runners website.
▪ Reata Springs Baptist Church will host a free soccer camp Aug. 1-5 for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. The camp will be held at the playing fields behind the Reata Springs Baptist Church located at 2881 Leslie Road in Richland. Times for the camp are from 6-8 p.m. each day. Go to www.reataspringschurch.org to register. Registration deadline is July 25. Contact Bethany Owens at 509-308-6657 for more information.
▪ Upward Soccer’s fall youth soccer league registration is open for players 4 years old through sixth grade. The program introduces young athletes to the game at an early age and quickly enable them to build their skills, speed, strength, and stamina. For information and registration: bethelsports.org.
▪ The Chiawana soccer camp will be held July 29-30 at the Chiawana High School stadium. The camp, for boys and girls in grades 3-8, costs $40. The first 50 participants to sign up get a Riverhawks soccer T-shirt. The camp will run from 7-9 p.m. on July 29, and from 8-11 a.m. on July 30. Contact Mike Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by calling 509-851-9554. Sign-ups will be accepted on the first day of camp.
▪ The Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility (RMSF) Rose-Iris General Purpose Range is open to the public for target shooting Wednesday and Friday through Sundays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.. The RMSF is located near milepost 8 on State Route 225 north of Benton City. Each adult non-member shooter must pay a $10 fee. People under 18 may shoot for free when accompanied by a parent, guardian or grandparent. The Tri-Cities Shooting Association (TCSA) provides a staff of trained Range Safety Officers. The Shotgun Trap and Skeet ranges are open Saturdays and Sundays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., and Wednesdays 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Go to www.tcsa.info for details.
▪ Washington State Volleyball will hold two summer camps on the Pullman campus: Individual All-Skills Camp (boys and girls entering grades 7-12) July 10-13 ($250), and High School Team Camp/Tournament (girls entering grades 7-12) July 13-16 ($225). Information and registration: http://www.athletics.wsu.edu/camps/.
▪ Yoga Community, 4415 W. Clearwater in Kennewick, has beginning and advanced classes. An eight-week Beginning Yoga series starts at 6 p.m. July 18; cost is $95 for the series. Information: 509-528-3475 or 509-521-4287; www.theyogacommunity.com.
To submit items, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to: Sports Calendar, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA, 99336; fax to: 582-1510; or deliver to building.