▪ The Batters Box is taking registration for the Winter Baseball Academy. For more info, call 783-5160.
▪ Meeting for all baseball players interested in trying out for the Kennewick Outlaws Senior Legion team will be held Sunday, Feb. 28, at Roy Johnson Field at 1 p.m. Meeting will be for information purposes.
▪ The Pepsi-Cola Dusters American Legion is seeking candidates to coach the “A” baseball team. Send information to Anthony Searls at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-531-9028.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Girls grades 2-8 interested in the Richland Gunners AAU program should contact John McCoy at RichlandGunnersGirlsBasketball@gmail.com or visit www.richlandgunnersgirls.com.
▪ Sagebrush Hoops Youth Teams forming now for the the 2015-16 season. Contact email@example.com.
▪ Boys and girls grades 1-8 interested in playing for the Hanford Flight AAU program should contact Denny DeVine at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hanfordflight.com
▪ City of Richland open gym at Art Dawald Gymnasium (Richland H.S.) on the following dates: January 4, 7, 11, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28; February 1, 4, 8, 9, 11, 16, 18, 22, 23, 25, 29; March 1, 7, 8, 10, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 24, 28, 29, 31. Adult hours 8-9:30 p.m. Fee is $2 per person ($1.50 for Richland residents). Call or text Dave at 845-2628.
▪ Tri-City AAU Basketball League will run January through March. Teams can register at www.3citieshoops.com for AAU basketball games for grades 2-8 (boys and girls). Questions call 205-9659 or 546-1377.
▪ Southridge Suns Basketball Club is looking for boys and girls (grades 1-8) interested in AAU basketball. Contact Mark Bayless at 509-619-5245 or SouthridgeSunsBasketball@gmail.com. We will be forming teams for Tri-City AAU league in January and possible tournaments.
▪ The Pasco Recreation Department’s women’s winter league will begin Jan. 10 and run through March 20. The league is for women 18 and older. Cost is $435 per team with a limit of 12 players per team. Registration ends Jan. 4. Games will be played at the Pasco City Hall Activities Center. Contact Pasco Recreation Services at 545-3456.
▪ Registration has begun for the Southridge High School Boys Lacrosse Club. Registration runs through February. The season runs from March to May. The club is a WSHBLA sanctioned lacrosse club catering to all high school-aged boys attending Southridge, Kennewick, Kamiakin, Burbank and Walla Walla high schools. Go to www.southridgelacrosse.com or call Russ Midili at 438-1650 for more information.
▪ American Contract Bridge League Unit 442 meets on the following days and times: Mondays: 6 p.m., Richland Duplicate Club, director Tom Edwards (946-1825); Tuesdays: 12:30 p.m., Kays Klub, director Kay Teal (521-2200); also 6 p.m., Tri-Cities Bridge Buddies, director Larry Lang (375-3474) standby provided; Wednesdays: 6 p.m. Hanford Club, director John Van Keuren (627-4416); First Thursday of the month: 6 p.m., Unit 442 game, John Van Keuren (627-4416); Thursdays: 10:30 a.m., Tri-Cities Bridge Buddies, director Larry Lang (375-3474), standby provided; also 6 p.m., Three Rivers Duplicate Bridge Club, director Marilyn Steele (392-2128), standby provided; Fridays: 12:30 p.m. (alternate Fridays), Richland Duplicate Bridge Club, director Tom Edwards (946-1824) and Kay’s Klub, director Kay Teal (521-2200). All games are at the Richland Community Center.
▪ For a schedule of upcoming running and multi-sport events in the Tri-Cities and local area, go to www.3RRR.org and click on the Calendar section of the 3 Rivers Road Runners website.
▪ Walla Walla Parks & Recreation is taking late registration for youth indoor soccer. Late registration will continue on an as available basis. Late registration grades K-8 is $60, and $20 per third child and any additional children. Scholarships are available to those who qualify; to request a scholarship application contact Parks and Recreation at 527-4527. Practices are once a week and begin Jan. 9. Games are on Saturdays starting Jan. 23, and the season ends March 12. Register online at www.wwpr.us or at the Parks and Recreation Office, 55 Moore St., Walla Walla. Volunteer coaches are needed; call the Parks and Recreation office at 527-4527.
▪ Walla Walla Parks and Recreation will hold winter youth lessons Jan. 11-15 at Bratton Tennis Center at Whitman College. Quickstart Tennis (ages 4-10) will be 3:30-4:45 p.m. Cost is $55. Beginning-advanced lessons (ages 10-18) will be 5-7 p.m. Cost is $75. T-shirt included. Call 527-4527, email email@example.com or visit www.wwpr.us.
▪ The Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility Rose-Iris General Purpose Range is open to the public for weekly target shooting from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Wednesdays and Friday-Sunday. Located near milepost 8 on State Route 225, north of Benton City. Each adult non-member shooter must pay a $10 fee. Persons under 18 years old may shoot for free when accompanied by a parent, guardian or grandparent. The Tri-Cities Shooting Association provides a staff of trained Range Safety Officers. The Shotgun Trap and Skeet Ranges are open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and 1-9 p.m. Wednesday. Visit www.tcsa.info for details.
▪ The Yoga Community 4415 W. Clearwater in Kennewick has beginning and advanced classes. Call or visit website for openings. Upcoming series include: Beginning Pilates Series, Jan. 5; Prenatal Yoga, beginning Jan. 7; Relaxation/Restorative Class, Jan. 7; Yoga for Scoliosis and Back Care, Jan. 12. Call 521-4287, or register at www.theyogacommunity.com
To submit items, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to: Sports Calendar, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA, 99336; fax to: 582-1510; or deliver to building.