Here is the Mid-Columbia sports calendar for the week of Oct. 1:
* The Batters Box is accepting registrations now for the Winter Baseball Academy. Sign up at the Batters Box (1238 Columbia Park Trail) or call 783-5160.
* The Tri-City Premier Fall Ball league is looking for coaches, players and umpires for the upcoming season. Please visit our web page at www.tcpremier.com for more information.
* Kennewick American Legion Baseball is looking to hire a Jr. Legion head coach. If interested please contact Jodi Landefeld at landefeldj@ msn.com.
* D3VO Select 12U Club team soon will hold tryouts for 2013. We are looking for 3-4 players to join one of the only full-time 12U select teams in the area. Call Dan Morby at 585-7768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Kennewick National Youth Baseball will be holding its annual general meeting on Thursday, Oct. 4 at the KNYB clubhouse which is above the concession stand. Board of Director elections will take place. All eligible KNYB members (player parents, managers and coaches, umpires, and Board of Directors) are eligible to vote for the positions of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer. Nominations for Board positions shall be accepted prior to, and at, the meeting prior to any voting for election of officers. A complete description of the Annual General Meeting can be found in the Constitution and Bylaws at www.knyb.org.
* Sagebrush Hoops will have tryouts in September for the 2012/2013 season. Boys and girls teams start at fourth grade. Write to email@example.com for details.
* Sunday youth basketball clinics will begin in September. Open to boys and girls in grades 3-12. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
* YMCA Youth Basketball is open to boys and girls ages 3-10, and the season runs from Oct. 27 to Dec. 15. Open registration began Oct. 1. Cost for sports is $26 for YMCA members and $40 for non-members.
* Third annual Bomber Bash AAU boys tournament (grades 3 thru 8) will take place in Richland on Nov 2-4. Entry forms available at 'Bomber Bash Tournament' at www.richlandgunners.com
* City of Richland open gym will be 6:30-8 p.m. for youths 7th grade through high school; 8-9:30 p.m. for adults. Dates are Oct. 2, 8, 9, 11, 15, 22, 23, 25, 29, 30; Nov. 1, 5, 6, 8. Enter through the south doors at Richland gym. Fee is $1.50 per person for Richland residents, and $2 for everybody else. Call or text 845-2628 for more info.
* Kennewick Parks and Rec boys and girls youth league for grades 1-6 Practices begin the first week of January; game schedule runs Jan. 19-March 2. Call Kennewick Parks and recreation at 585-4293.
* Kamiakin Girls Winter Camp for grades 3-6 runs Dec. 27-28 from 1-3 p.m. at Kamiakin High School. Call Kennewick Parks and recreation at 585-4293.
* Southridge Girls Winter Vacation Camp for grades 3-6 runs December 27-28 from 10 a.m.-Noon at Southridge HS. Call Kennewick Parks and recreation at 585-4293.
* The Next Level Basketball Academy is an academy where kids will grow and learn about the game from staff of experienced coaches. They will practice ball-handling, defense, shooting, and other fundamentals along with self-esteem, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Coaches: Larry Usher, Adam Strom, and others. Days: Sundays, Oct. 28, Nov. 4, 11, 18 Dec. 2, 9 Time: 6-7:30 p.m. Grades: 1-8th Cost: $80-Resident or $100-Non Resident. Location: Sandstone Middle School in Hermiston. Call Hermiston sports and rec department at (541) 667-5018.
* The American Contract Bridge Club has games scheduled all week long. Times are 7 p.m. Monday at the Eagle Rehab and Retirement Center at Pike St. in Richland (Tom at 947-3572); 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Richland Community Center (Kay at 521-2200); 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Wynwood Retirement Living Center in the first-floor weight room (Larry at 375-3474); 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Richland Community Center (John at 627-4416); 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the Richland Community Center (Larry at 375-3474); 6 p.m. Thursday at the Richland Community Center (Maggie at 308-8184, Joe at 375-5127) except for the first Thursday of the month, same time and place, contact Marilyn at 627-4073. There is also a game at 12:30 p.m. Fridays at the Riverton Retirement Center (Tom at 947-3572, Kay at 375-5488 and Jane at 420-0448). You don't need a partner on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The following rides will be offered by the Tri-City Bicycle Club -- Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m. form Richland Community Center (call 943-9084); Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. from Some Bagels in Richland (946-1076). Visitors are welcome, helmets are required. Rides accommodate various levels of ability. Visit www.tricitybicycleclub.org.
The 12th Annual Willow Tree Classic will be held Oct. 6-7 at Sun Willows Golf Course in Pasco. The tournament is a 36-hole two-woman best ball (with a 10-stroke handicap and handicap index limit of 36.2.) Entry fee is $180 per team and includes tournament play, tee prizes, complimentary breakfast rolls and coffee both days, lunch on Saturday and Sunday, special prizes and KPs. Practice round available on Oct. 5 for $18, skins (optional) at $10 per day per team, cart rental is $13 per person each day, Horse Race is low gross $5 per person, putting and chipping contest on Saturday. Contact Jackie Stevens at Sun Willows Pro Shop at (509) 545-3440 or go to playsunwillows.com.
Hermiston Sports and Recreation Department will host a free community campfire on Oct. 13 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Riverfront Park in Hermiston. Enjoy a cool autumn night socializing with family and friends. Marshmallows for roasting and hot chocolate will be provided. Call Hermiston sports and rec department at (541) 667-5018.
Kadlec Urgent Care (7233 W. Deschutes Ave., Suite B in Kennewick) is offering no-appointment sports physicals for $25 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Students must bring necessary paperwork and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Call 942-2355.
For a schedule of upcoming running and multi-sport events in the Tri-Cities and local area, go to www.3RRR.org and click on the Calendar section of the 3 Rivers Road Runners website.
The Tri-Cities Bandidos 10UB fastpitch team is holding tryouts for its 2012-2013 competitive team. Contact Manuel Briones at 942-8173.
The Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility (RMSF) Rose-Iris General Purpose Range is now open to the public for target shooting 9 a.m to 3 p.m. Wednesdays and Friday through Sunday. The RMSF is located near milepost 8 on State Route 225 north of Benton City. Each adult non-member shooter must pay a $5 fee. Persons under 18 years old may shoot for free when accompanied by a parent or guardian. The Tri-Cities Shooting Association provides a staff of trained Range Safety Officers. The Shotgun Trap and Skeet Ranges are open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and 1-10 p.m. Wednesday. Go to www.tcsa.
2012/2013 USA Volleyball season Parent/Player information meeting for Shockwave Volleyball Club on Oct. 17 at 7 p.m. at Battelle Auditorium. Agenda includes: club philosophy, tryouts, number of teams, practices, tournaments and team fees. Also looking for junior girls volleyball coaches for all age groups. If interested please contact Gary at 375-1430 or email at email@example.com.
* Winter Vacation Volleyball Camp for grades 4-6 runs December 26-28 from 9-11a.m. at Desert Hills Middle School. Call Kennewick Parks and recreation at 585-4293.
Yoga community is starting an on-going Pilates class. Build long lean muscles and strengthen your core. Tuesday mornings from 8:30 to 9:30. Fee is $17 drop in, monthly unlimited, or punch card.
* Our 8-week Beginning Yoga Series will begin another session Oct. 10. It will meet Wednesdays from 6-7:30 pm. This series introduces yoga's philosophical system, basic sitting and standing poses and alignment fundamentals. Students will learn beginning prop use, preparatory work, and modifications. This course is also an excellent option for students with back problems, injuries, etc. This series starts at the beginning and progresses each week, refining the poses, adding new poses, and adding relaxation techniques Please pre-register. Cost is $95. Cal 521-4287 or visit website: www.theyogacommunity.com
To submit items, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to: Sports Calendar, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA, 99336; fax to: 582-1510; or deliver to our building.