Here is a listing of items for the Mid-Columbia sports calendar, camps and clinics:
The Batters Box is accepting registrations now for the Winter Baseball Academy. Sign up at the Batters Box (1238 Columbia Park Trail) or call 783-5160.
* The Batters Box is offering a four-week hitting clinic in September. Call 783-5160.
* The Tri-City Premier Fall Ball league is looking for coaches, players and umpires for the upcoming season. Please visit our web page at www.tcpremier.com.
* The Kennewick Pepsi-Cola Dusters, a Junior American Legion team, is accepting resumes for the position of head coach for the 2013 American Legion season. E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org until Sept. 30 or call 430-8766.
* Walla Walla Parks and Recreation Department will host The Complete Softball Pitching Clinic instructed by John Gay, who has developed many top pitchers at the collegiate level. The eight-hour clinic, to be held Sept. 8-9 at Pioneer Park in Walla Walla, is geared toward the beginner and less-experienced pitchers. Parents are encouraged to attend. Cost is $90 (participants need to bring their own catcher). Saturday session will run noon-6 p.m. with a one-hour break, and Sunday from 9 a.m.-noon. Visit www.wwpr.us online or call 527-4527.
Sagebrush Hoops will have tryouts in September for the 2012/2013 season. Boys and girls teams start at fourth grade. Write to email@example.com.
* Sunday youth basketball clinics will begin in September. Open to boys and girls in grades 3-12. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
* YMCA Youth Basketball is open to boys and girls ages 3-10, and the season runs from Oct. 27 to Dec. 15. Coach's registration is Sept. 17-21; Y Members Registration is Sept. 24- 28; and open registration starts Oct. 1. Cost for sports is $26 for YMCA members and $40 for non-members.
The American Contract Bridge Club has games scheduled all week long. Times are 6 p.m. Monday at the Eagle Rehab and Retirement Center at Pike St. in Richland (Tom at 947-3572); 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Richland Community Center (Kay at 521-2200); 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Richland Community Community Center (Larry at 375-3474); 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Richland Community Center (John at 627-4416); 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the Richland Community Center (Larry at 375-3474); 6 p.m. Thursday at the Richland Community Center (Maggie at 308-8184, Joe at 375-5127) except for the first Thursday of the month, same time and place, contact Marilyn at 627-4073. There is also a game at 12:30 p.m. Fridays at the Riverton Retirement Center (Tom at 947-3572, Kay at 375-5488 and Jane at 420-0448). You don't need a partner on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The following rides will b eoffered by the Tri-City Bicycle Club -- Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m. form Richland Community Center (call 943-9084); Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. from Some Bagels in Richland (946-1076). Visitors are welcome, helmets are required. Rides accommodate various levels of ability. Visit www.tricitybicycleclub.org.
Any individual or team interested in signing up for league play will have two chances: Aug. 21 at the Tin Hat in Kennewick (7 p.m. blind draw) or Aug. 25 at 3-Cities (7 p.m. blind draw). Schedules will be issued Aug. 28, and league play begins Sept. 4. Call Glennda at 582-7909 or Jan at 783-8855.
YMCA flag football for boys and girls ages 4-10 will run Sept. 8-Oct. 20. The YMCA will also run flag football experience clinics for ages 3-4. Cost is $26 for members and $40 for non-members.
* The Desert Zebras Football Officials Camp will be held Aug. 24-25 in Richland. Anyone who is interested in officiating middle school and high school football, this is a great camp to attend. Classroom and on-field training will be provided by some of the most experienced football officials in the state. For more information call (509) 627-5322 or (509) 781-0297.
The 12th Annual Willow Tree Classic will be held Oct. 6-7 at Sun Willows Golf Course in Pasco. The tournament is a 36-hole two-woman best ball (with a 10-stroke handicap and handicap index limit of 36.2.) Entry fee is $180 per team and includes tournament play, tee prizes, complimentary breakfast rolls and coffee both days, lunch on Saturday and Sunday, special prizes and KPs. Practice round available on Oct. 5 for $18, skins (optional) at $10 per day per team, cart rental is $13 per person each day, Horse Race is low gross $5 per person, putting and chipping contest on Saturday. Contact Jackie Stevens at Sun Willows Pro Shop at (509) 545-3440 for entry forms and other details. Or go to playsunwillows.com.
* Canyon Lakes PGA Golf Clinic is held 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Cost is $15 ($10 for Canyon Lakes Men's & Ladies' Club members). Limited to 30 per session. Call 582-3736 or go to www.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com.
* Starting Sept. 1, buy a 2013 membership to Canyon Lakes Golf Course and get the rest of 2012 for free. Call 582-3736.
Kadlec Urgent Care (7233 W. Deschutes Ave., Suite B in Kennewick) is offering no-appointment sports physicals for $25 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Students must bring necessary paperwork and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Call 942-2355.
Miles 4 Smiles, a 4-mile fun run to raise money for Seattle Children's Hospital, will be 7 p.m. on Aug. 24 at Goose Ridge Winery in Richland. Registration is $25 for adults, $10 for kids 12 and under. For registration forms visit www.tcchguilds.org. E-mail email@example.com or call Lisa at 539-4704.
* The YMCA's Girls on the Run/Girls on Track program is open to girls in grades 3-8. Teams are located at schools throughout the Tri-Cities, and the season runs from September through December. Registration begins Sept. 1 at the YMCA offices or online.
The Tri-Cities Bandidos 10UB fastpitch team is holding tryouts for its 2012-2013 competitive team. Contact Manuel Briones at 942-8173.
Yoga Community is located 4415 W. Clearwater in Kennewick. Call 521-4287 with questions or to register for a class. Visit them online at www.theyogacommunity.com.
How to submit items
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to: Sports Calendar, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA, 99336; fax to: 509-582-1510; or deliver to our building.