Here is the Mid-Columbia sports calendar as of Saturday, June 30:
* Kennewick High will play host to an athletic development camp for middle school students 10:45 a.m.- noon Monday through Thursday July 2-26 at the KeHS weight room. Fee is $50 per student-athlete or $75 per family. Sign up at camp. Go to kennewickfootball.com.
* Lion Pride Football Camp for grades 3-8 will be held 7-8:30 p.m. July 16-18 at Lampson Stadium. Fee is $50 per student-athlete or $75 per family. Sign up at camp. Go to kennewickfootball.com.
Never miss a local story.
* Focus on the Female Athlete is a strength, speed and plyometric training camp for advanced female athletes (ages 14-18) coached by current and former collegiate athletes. It will be held 9-10:20 a.m. Mondays-Thursdays through Aug. 1. Fee is $100 (newcomers), $75 (returners), and $50 (returning seniors). Additional siblings $50, pro-rate options available at $20 per week but may not include the shirt). Contact Sheila Smith at email@example.com or find registration form at: http://www.ksd.org/schools/secondary/Southridge/Home/Athletics/camps
* Falcon Athletic Development Program for grades 6-8 will be held July 2-Aug. 9 at the Hanford High's weight room and track. Participants will meet 11 a.m.-12 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Cost is $40. Registration forms and details are available at http://www.rsd.edu/camps/ or contact Coach Oram at firstname.lastname@example.org or 967-6500.
* Focus on the Female Athlete for KIDS is a strength, speed and plyometric training camp for female athletes ages 8 - 13 will be held through Aug. 1. Coached by current collegiate female athletes with multi-sport experience and focus. Cost is $75 for 7 weeks or $20 per week. Additional siblings and returners $50. Contact Sheila Smith (email@example.com). Registration form available at http://www.ksd.org/schools/secondary/Southridge/Home/Athletics/camps
* Southridge High School Track and Field Camp for ages 8-18. Cost $50 ($10 off additional siblings). Camp will be held 6-8 p.m. July 23-26. Events include Sprints, Jumps, Throws, Hurdles, and Distance. Coached by current and former collegiate athletes as well as current Big-Nine coaches. Contact Nicole Hatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Suns' summer camps webpage at http://www.ksd.org/schools/secondary/Southridge/Home/Athletics/camps
* Tri-City Venom, a select tournament team for 10-year-olds, qualified for the Triple Crown World Series in Park City, Utah, on July 23-28. The team will be holding fundraisers to offset an estimated $30,000 in traveling expenses for the week-long event. Anyone interested in helping out can contact Mike Paramore at (509) 713-3635 or email@example.com.
* The Walla Walla Sweets will play host to Camp 57 for ages 8-18 scheduled 9 a.m. to noon July 17-20. Cost is $100 (fee includes T-shirt, camp photo and pizza party). Call (509) 522-BALL or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 2012 Lions Girls Basketball Camp will be held July 23-26. Session for grades 2-5 is 12-1:30 p.m. and session for grades 6-8 is 1:30-3 p.m. Fee is $35 and includes T-shirt. Go to the Kennewick High Activities Office.
8 The Tri-Cities Darting Association's Water Follies Classic Steel Tip Dart Tournament will be Aug. 10-12 at Clover Island Inn. Write to TriCitiesDarts@aol.com.
* The Tri-Cities Prep Jaguar Youth Football Camp will be held July 17-19 from 6:30- 8 p.m. This non-contact skills and drills camp is for grades 3rd through 8th. The camp is ran by TCP head coach Dan Whitsett, TCP staff and current and former players. Players of all levels of experience welcome. Cost is $35 or $55 for siblings. Please contact Dan Whitsett at email@example.com or 845-2191 for registration information.
* YMCA flag football for boys and girls ages 4-10 will run Sept. 8-Oct. 20. The YMCA will also run flag football experience clinics for ages 3-4. Coaches registration is July 9-18; Y members registration is July 19-27; and open registration is July 30- Aug. 10. Cost for sports is $26 for members and $40 for non-members.
* Improve your quarterback play or learn the position from Tri-Cities Prep head coach Dan Whitsett at this Quarterback Development Camp on July 30-31 from 6-8:30 p.m. This camp is open to rising 6th graders to 10th grade. Coach Whitsett has been developing young quarterbacks for over 15 years. QB's will spend the majority of their time on the field in throwing and drill rotation. QB's will receive a lot of attention to detail mechanically in both footwork and throwing the football from all drops to all routes. You do not have to bring your own receiver as they will be provided. Cost is $55 or $85 for siblings. For more information and registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-2191.
* The second annual Kings & Queens couples tournament will be held July 21-22 at Big River Golf Course in Umatilla. The 36-hole flighted tournament is played under the Chapman format and includes a number of special events related to the Kings & Queens theme. Activities begin with a complimentary practice round Friday followed by play beginning with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday. For more information, an online brochure or sign-up form, contact Don Obrist at 541-571-0572 or Craig Lockwood at 541-701-5070 (email@example.com).
* The Palouse Ridge Golf Club will play host to the Jess Ford of Pullman Hardhat Classic Golf Tournament on Aug. 11. Check-in begins 7 a.m. and play begins with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $135 includes 18 holes, golf cart rental, a yardage book, hat, a small bucket of practice balls, a sleeve of Nike-logo golf balls, a bag tag with the Palouse Ridge and Cougar head logo and a lunch provided by Banyan's. Hole-in-one prizes include a new 2012 Ford F150 Super Cab 4WD XLT. Call (509) 335-9024.
* Sign up now for the Umatilla-Morrow County Junior Golf Tournament. Session 2 is July 16, 23, 30 and Aug. 6. Times are 8:30-10 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Fee is $40 for residents or $50 for non-residents. Call (541) 667-5018.
* The fourth annual United Way Golf Tournament will be July 20 at Wildhorse Championship Golf Course. Entry fee is $100 per player or $400 per team. Tournament benefits the counties of Umatilla and Morrow. Call David at 1-800-654-9453 (ext. 1524) or Kricket at (541) 276-2661.
* Columbia Park Link's 2nd Annual 3-Club 2-Person Scramble will begin with a shotgun start 8 a.m. July 14. Entry fee is $80 per team and includes greens fees, range balls, lunch and a tee prize. $5 of each entry benefits The First Tee of Columbia Basin. Call (509) 586-3111 or go to www.playcolumbiapark.com.
* The eighth annual YMCA Parent/Child Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 18 at Canyon Lakes Golf Course. Register online or at the YMCA. Call 374-1908.
* Elite Force Cheer is offering recreational cheerleading camps for boys and girls ages 4-18 from now until Aug. 17. Single-day camps for ages 4-11 are 12-1:45 p.m. Thursdays and/or 10-11:45 a.m. Fridays. Middle/HS single-day camps are 12-2 p.m. Tuesdays. Cost is $14 per camp/per camper. Camps are held at Elite Force Cheer (8282 W. Gage Blvd Suite N). Pre-registration required. Call 735-3861, go to www.mcga.org or write to Michelle@mcga.org.
* Mid-Columbia Gymnastics (1523 Fowler St. in Richland) offers recreational gymnastics camps for boys and girls ages 5-12 years. Camps are divided by age and gender and are offered on Mondays and/or Wednesdays from Noon-3:00 p.m. $18 per camp/per camper (one camp is 3 hours long). Campers learn gymnastics and participate in bungee harness, rope swing, foam pit, group games, Tumble Trak and more. Snack and drink provided. Pre-registration required. Call 735-3861, go to www.mcga.org or write to Michelle@mcga.org.
* Bomber Soccer Academy for boys and girls ages 6-14 still has one more session on July 9. Camp runs from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Coached by Bombers coach Octavio DoValle. Contact Mark or Heidi at (509) 628-0283, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://bombersoccer.com.
* Rumble on the Ridge 3-on-3 Youth Soccer Tournament will be held Saturday, Aug. 18, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. at the Southridge Sports and Events Complex. Tournament is for boys and girls U-8 through U-14. Call 585-4509.
* Washington Spirit 12U will hold tryouts 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. July 21 at CBC and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Aug. 4 at Columbia Playfields No. 1 for the Fall 2012 and 2013 tournament schedules. Contact head coach Mark Pettit (509) 528-2250 or write to WashingtonSpirit12U@msn.com.
* The Traditional Bowhunters of Washington's 12th annual Washington Selfbow Jamboree will be July 13-15 in Kennewick at Valley Grange Hall. Call Daniel at 619-4735 or Jodi at 438-6746 for registration details.
* Sunnyside Tennis Club will hold a cancer benefit tournament July 14-15. Entry deadline is July 9. Contact Regina at 643-6778.
Yoga Community: Beginning Yoga (8 weeks) will begin 6-7:30 p.m. July 9 and be an introduction to basic sitting and standing poses and alignment fundamentals as well as prop use, prep work and modifications. The course is also an excellent option for students with back problems or other injuries. Cost is $85. Please pre-register. Yoga Community is located 4415 W. Clearwater in Kennewick. Call 521-4287 with questions or to register. Visit them online at www.theyogacommunity.com.
To submit items...
Send an e-mail to email@example.com; mail to: Sports & Recreation, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA, 99336; fax to: 582-1410; or deliver to our offices.