Here is the Mid-Columbia sports camps, calendar for May 22:
Kennewick High will play host to an athletic development camp for middle school students 10-45 a.m. to noon Mondays through Thursdays July 2-26 at the KeHS weight room. Fee is $50 per student-athlete or $75 per family. Sign up at camp. Go to kennewickfootball.com for details.
* Little Lions Athletic Development Camp for grades 1-5 will be 10:45 a.m. to noon Mondays through Thursdays June 11-28 at the KeHS weight room. Fee is $50 per student-athlete or $75 per family. Sign up at camp. Go to kennewickfootball.com for details.
* Lion Pride Football Camp for grades 3-8 will be held 7-8:30 p.m. July 16-18 at Lampson Stadium. Fee is $50 per student-athlete or $75 per family. Sign up at camp. Go to kennewickfootball.com for details.
Tri-City Venom, a select tournament team for 10-year-olds, qualified for the Triple Crown World Series in Park City, Utah, on July 23-28. The team will be holding fundraisers to offset an estimated $30,000 in traveling expenses for the week-long event. Anyone interested in helping out can contact Mike Paramore at (509) 713-3635 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Pasco Sun Devils seek coaches for upcoming season. All positions open on Junior and Senior Legion teams. Write to the Sun Devil Board at email@example.com.
Registration for three 2012 Washington State University men's basketball camps -- Elite and Cougar Team camps (boys in grades 9-12) and WSU Day Camp (boys and girls in grades 2-8) -- are currently available online at www.wsucougars.com. Call (509) 335-0240.
* Kennewick High School Basketball Camp will be June 18-21 at the Lions Den. Staffed by Lions coaches and varsity players. Sessions are 9-10:30 a.m. (grades 2-5) and 10:30 a.m. to noon (grades 6-8). Fee is $35 and includes T-shirt. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
* The 12th Annual Purple & Gold Basketball Camp for girls entering grades 1-8 will be held June 12-15 at Hanford HS. Session 1 (grades 1-4) is 8-9:30 a.m.; Session 2 (grades 5-8) is 9:30-11 a.m.; Session 3 (high school) is 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Cost is $50. Registration forms are available at all Richland area schools or by contacting Evan Woodward at 531-3757 or email@example.com or download at http://www.rsd.edu/camps.
* Dr. Dribble basketball camp will be June 25-27 at Hanford HS. Session 1 (boys and girls grades 1-6) is 8 a.m. to noon and Session 2 (girls grades 7-12) is 1-5 p.m. Cost is $75. Registration forms are available at all Richland area schools or by contacting Evan Woodward at 531-3757 or firstname.lastname@example.org or download at http://www.rsd.edu/camps.
* Kamiakin Summer Boys Basketball Camp will run June 11-14. Camp is for boys entering grades 3-12. Cost is $35 and includes T-shirt. Campers may pre-register or sign up at the door. Go to www.kamiakinbasketball.com for session times or contact Brian Meneely at email@example.com or 222-7000.
American Contract Bridge League has sanctioned games 6 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays, and 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays, at Richland Community Center. Beginning ACBL games are 6 p.m. Tuesdays and 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Richland Center.
And there are games also 6:30 p.m. Mondays at Charbonneau Retirement Residence (Kennewick) and 12:30 p.m. Fridays at Riverton Retirement & Assisted Living Community (Richland). Monday evening and Tuesday afternoon games have a standby partner. Contact Tom (946-1824), John (627-4416), Kay (375-5488), Tracy (420-3564) or, for beginning bridge, Larry (375-3474) for details.
The Tri-Cities Darting Association's Water Follies Classic Steel Tip Dart Tournament will be Aug. 10-12 at Clover Island Inn. Write to TriCitiesDarts@aol.com for details.
The Palouse Ridge Golf Club will play host to the Jess Ford of Pullman Hardhat Classic Golf Tournament on Aug. 11. Check in begins 7 a.m. and play begins with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $135 includes 18 holes, golf cart rental, a yardage book, hat, a small bucket of practice balls, a sleeve of Nike-logo golf balls, a bag tag with the Palouse Ridge and Cougar head logo and a lunch provided by Banyan's. Hole-in-one prizes include a new 2012 Ford F150 Super Cab 4WD XLT. Call (509) 335-9024.
* Echo Quarterback Club will play host to a 4-person scramble June 2 at Echo Hills Golf Course. Tournament begins with 9 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $35 and includes green fees and lunch. Call (541) 376-8428 for details.
* Canyon Lakes PGA Golf Clinic is held 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday evenings. Cost is $15 ($10 for Canyon Lakes Men's & Ladies' Club Members). Limited to 30 per session. Contact Canyon Lakes at 582-3736. or go to www.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com for details.
* The 8th Annual YMCA Parent/Child Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 18 at Canyon Lakes Golf Course. Register online starting June 1 or at the YMCA.
* Junior Group golf sessions are 3-4 p.m. every Tuesday at Canyon Lakes. Limited to first 10 players. $50 fee. Call 735-2900 for details.
* Columbia Park Golf Links is offering Get Golf Ready adult golf clinics throughout the summer. The next series will be held 5:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesdays May 30-June 27. Go to http://www.playgolfamerica.com/ggr/ for details or registration.
* Canyon Lakes Junior Golf Academy will be Tuesdays and Thursdays June 19-July 12. Sessions 1 (7:30-9 a.m.) and 2 (9:30-11 a.m.) are $150. Sessions can be supplemented with a 2:30-5:45 p.m. Wednesday option, but fee increases to $200. Space limited. Call Todd at 308-3315 or Canyon Lakes at 582-3736. Go to www.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com for details.
S.P.O.T., a nonprofit booster club dedicated towards supporting the athletes of Garland's Gymnastics, is seeking donations from area businesses to help with travel costs and other expenses for the upcoming Junior Olympic National championships. Call Brett at 582-7450.
The 24th Annual EWU Iron Eagle Triathlon will be June 3, with check-in scheduled for 7-7:45 a.m. at the EWU Pool. Event is a 200-meter swim, followed by a 10-mile bike ride around the Cheney campus and a 5K run. Entry fee is $25 ($15 for EWU students, faculty and staff). Go to ewu.edu/campusrec or contact race director Mike Campitelli at either (509) 359-4836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Stomp Out Polio run/walk will be held June 9 at Howard Amon Park in Richland. Register at Active.com.
The Umatilla Chamber of Commerce will play host to an eight-team soccer tournament June 23. Middle and high school teams wanted. Applications available at Clara Brownell Middle and Umatilla High schools. Call the chamber at 541-922-4825 for details.
* YMCA Outdoor Soccer for boys and girls ages 3-10 will be June 18-Aug. 10. Open registration through May 25. Fee is $26 ($40 non-members).
* 3-River Soccer Club will have tryouts 5:30 -7 p.m. today (GU16-17-18 - RCL only) and Thursday (BU15&GU15 - RCL and district). Go to www.3rsc.org for details.
* Bomber Soccer Academy for boys and girls ages 6-14 will have three sessions: Week 1 (June 18), Week 2 (June 25), Week 3 (July 9). Camp runs from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Coached by Bombers coach Octavio DoValle. Contact Mark or Heidi at (509) 628-0283, write to email@example.com or go to http://bombersoccer.com.
* The 5th Annual Beat-the-Heat 5-A-Side Futbol Tournament will be June 15-16 at Hanford High School. Girls divisions are 6th grade through college age. Cost is $150 per team ($175 after June 4) with a minimum of 4 games. Contact Glen at 420-6163 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional tournament information at www.hanfordfalconboosters.com.
* Registration for YMCA outdoor soccer for boys and girls ages 3-10 is taking place now. The season runs from June 18-Aug. 10. Open registration through May 25. For more information, call 509-374-1908 or go to www.ymcatricities.org.
Washington Force Green 16U is looking for players to fill 2012 roster. All positions considered. Call Larry at (509) 531-1253 for tryout details.
* Washington Force 99 12U "A" seeks one more player with a positive team attitude for the upcoming season. If you were born in 1999 or 2000 and want to try out call 551-8585 or write to email@example.com.
Tri-City Table Tennis meets 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays and 3 p.m. Sundays at Richland Community Center. Call 375-1587. Go to www.tricitytabletennis.com for details on open drop-in league beginning in January.
The Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility (RMSF) Rose-Iris General Purpose Range is now open to the public for target shooting 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday and Friday through Sundays. RMSF is located near milepost 8 on State Route 225 near Benton City. Entry fee is $5 for each adult non-member shooter. Free to persons under 18 when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The Tri-Cities Shooting Association (TCSA) provides a staff of trained Range Safety Officers. The Shotgun Trap and Skeet Ranges are open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and 1-10 p.m. Wednesday. See WWW.TCSA.INFO for details.
The 31st annual Sporthaus SweetSpot Tennis Tournament will be held June 15-17. Tournament includes singles and doubles divisions for players of all levels. Entry information available at Sporthaus Northwest. Call 735-7555 or go to www.sporthausnw.com for details.
Yoga Community is offering a Prenatal Yoga Series. Class started May 2, but drop-in fee is $14. All trimesters welcome. Also: a 4-week Yoga for Scoliosis series starting 6 p.m. June 7 ($52 fee) and an All-Levels Yoga Class scheduled 9 a.m. Saturdays ($14 drop-in fee). Yoga Community is located 4415 W. Clearwater in Kennewick. Call 521-4287 with questions or to register. Visit them online at www.theyogacommunity.com.
To submit items
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to: Sports & Recreation, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA, 99336; fax to: 582-1410; or deliver to our building. Items will not be taken by phone and are subject to editing.