▪ The Tri-City Dust Devils will play a “beep” baseball game against the Seattle South Sound Sluggers at 6:15 p.m. July 2. Beep baseball augments the game to suit visually impared players, using spotters, an oversized ball and 5-foot tall foam bases that buzz after the ball is hit. Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for kids age 4-12 and raise money for the Edith Bishel Center for the Blind & Visually Impaired. Included are a buffet dinner and admission to the Dust Devils game immediately after the event. Information or tickets: 509-735-0699 or 628 N. Arthur St. in Kennewick.
▪ The Batters Box, under new ownership, is accepting registration and deposits for the Winter Baseball Academy. Academy will consist of fielding, base running, hitting, bunting and pitching drills. Three sessions available. The Batters Box is at 1238 Columbia Park Trail, Richland. Information: thebattersbox-rca.com, 509-783-5160.
▪ Open gyms will be held for girls grades 2-8 (2016-17 school year) at Richland High School upper gym, 6:30-7:30 p.m. June 20 and 27. One-time fee of $5 covers all sessions. AAU Gunners players get in free. Questions: RichlandGunnersGirlsBasketball@gmail.com.
▪ The Tri-Cities Juneteenth Celebration is accepting registrations for the 2016 Juneteenth 3-on-3 basketball tournament, which is scheduled for June 18 at Kurtzman Park in Pasco. Registration fee is $50 per team, four people per team. Games start at 8 a.m. Register by emailing email@example.com or calling 509-947-8171.
▪ The Kennewick boys basketball program is hosting a camp for boys from June 20-23 (grades 2-5, 9-10:30 a.m.; grades 6-8, 10:30 a.m.-noon). Cost is $35 and includes a T-shirt. Registrations also will be accepted at the Lions Den. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 222-7100.
▪ Tri-City Court Club will hold a basketball camp June 20-24 for boys entering grades 5-9. The camp will be from 9-10:30 a.m. each day. Special emphasis will be on footwork and offensive skills. Columbia Basin College men’s basketball coach Rolando Garcia and staff will be guest clinicians. Cost is $50 for club members and $60 for non-club members. Register at the TCCC front desk or contact email@example.com, or call 551-0991.
▪ Columbia Youth Sports is offering a basketball summer league for boys and girls in kindergarten through eighth grade. It will be held Monday nights at Hanford High School (June 20, 27, July 11, 18, 25). K-4 is from 5-6 p.m. and grades 5-8 from 6-7 p.m. Cost is $25. Contact Evan Woodward at 509-531-3757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Kamiakin Summer Girls Basketball Camp will be held June 29-30. Cost is $45 and includes a T-shirt. Grades 2-5, 9:30-11 a.m.; grades 6-8, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sign-ups allowed at the door (shirt can’t be guaranteed at that time), or contact Laneschumacher1@gmail.com, or download the form at bit.ly/1skh9GM.
▪ The 2016 Lions Girls Basketball Camp, led by Kennewick High School basketball coaches and varsity players, is July 5-8 at the Kennewick High Lions Den. Grades 2-5, 1-2:30 p.m.; grades 6-8, 2:30-4 p.m. Fee is $35 and includes basketball; scholarships available. Information: Ashley Williams, 509-942-9076, Ashley.email@example.com.
▪ The Bomber Boosters girls youth camp is July 11-15 at Art Dawald Gym. Three sessions will be offered: Session 1 is 8:30-10 a.m. for grades 3-5. Session 2 is 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for grades 6-8. Session 3 is 1-3 p.m. for current Gunner AAU members. Cost is $55 before July 1, $60 after, and includes T-shirt. Go to www.bombercamps.com to register. Information: Cindy McCoy at 430-2035.
▪ Columbia Youth Sports is offering a basketball shooting clinic for boys and girls in kindergarten through eighth grade. The clinic will be July 12-13 at Hanford High School. K-4 is from 5:30-7 p.m. and grades 5-8 from 7-8:30 p.m. Cost is $30. Contact Evan Woodward at 509-531-3757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Columbia Youth Sports is offering a ballhandling clinic for boys and girls in kindergarten through eighth grade. The clinic will be July 19-20 at Hanford High School. K-4 is from 5:30-7 p.m. and grades 5-8 from 7-8:30 p.m. Cost is $30. Contact Evan Woodward at 509-531-3757 or email email@example.com.
▪ The second annual ESPN Hooptastic 3-on-3 tournament will be July 23-24 at Southridge High School. Go to 3citieshoops.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
▪ American Contract Bridge League Unit 442 meets on the following days and times: Mondays: 6 p.m., Richland Duplicate Club, director Tom Edwards (946-1825); Tuesdays: 12:30 p.m., Kays Klub, director Kay Teal (521-2200); also 6 p.m., Tri-Cities Bridge Buddies, director Larry Lang (375-3474) standby provided; Wednesdays: 6 p.m. Hanford Club, director John Van Keuren (627-4416); First Thursday of the month: 6 p.m., Unit 442 game, John Van Keuren (627-4416); Thursdays: 10:30 a.m., Tri-Cities Bridge Buddies, director Larry Lang (375-3474), standby provided; also 6 p.m., Three Rivers Duplicate Bridge Club, director Marilyn Steele (392-2128), standby provided; Fridays: 12:30 p.m. (alternate Fridays), Richland Duplicate Bridge Club, director Tom Edwards (946-1824) and Kay’s Klub, director Kay Teal (521-2200). All games are at the Richland Community Center.
▪ The Tri-Cities Darting Association Open Dart Tournament will be held Tuesdays from June 7-July 26. The shoots start at 7 p.m. Entry fee $5 per person weekly, including the final shoot. You must play in five of the seven weekly shoots to qualify for the final shoot. Information: Tom Cox, 509-460-6312; Jan Schroeder, 509-783-8855.
▪ The Tri-Cities Darting Association will host the Flag Day Steel Tip Dart Shoot at 7 p.m. June 25 at Espo’s Sports Bar & Grill, 107 Vista Way, Kennewick. Entry fee of $5. Information: Tom Cox, 509-460-6312; Jan Schroeder, 509-783-8855.
▪ The Kellen Moore Passing Academy is June 24-25 at Richland High School. The coaching lineup will include Dallas Cowboys quarterback Moore, Hall of Fame former Prosser coach and Richland assistant Tom Moore, and players and coaches from University of Washington, Boise State, Idaho, Eastern Washington, Eastern Oregon and the NFL’s Cowboys and Detroit Lions. The camp is open to quarterbacks, running backs, receivers and tight ends, grades 7-12. Cost is $90 and is limited to 250 participants. For more information or to register, go to www.kellenmooreqb.com.
▪ The Jeff Bender Golf Academy is offering clinics for adults (June 17, 24; July 8, 15, 22) and for juniors (June 18, 25; July 9, 16, 23). Clinics will last 90 minutes. Adult clinics start at 6:30 p.m., and junior clinics are at 8 a.m. Cost is $65 per person. Practice balls included; equipment available if needed. Sessions will cover short game, irons and drivers/fairway metals. Limited to first 14 students. Sign up through Columbia Point Golf Shop at 509-946-0710. Information: Jeff Bender, 509-781-1516, or email email@example.com.
▪ The 2016 Coca-Cola Canyon Lakes Junior Golf Academy will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 14-July 7. Two sessions: 8-9:30 a.m. or 9:30-11 a.m. Limited to 30 per session. Cost is $150. Expanded junior sessions also available. Information: 509-582-3736 or www.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com.
▪ The 17th annual Trios Foundation Golf Classic is June 17 at Canyon Lakes Golf Course. The best-ball scramble tournament raises funds to support new programs, services, equipment and technology for Trios Health. The 7:30 a.m. shotgun start is open to individuals, while the 12:30 p.m. start is reserved for corporate teams and sponsors. Registration closes June 10. For more information or to register, go to www.trioshealth.org/golf (sponsorship pricing is on the website; individuals are $250) or contact Mandy Wallner at 221-5776 or Mandy.Wallner@trioshealth.org.
▪ The Sunnyside Community Hospital Foundation’s annual “Golf Fore Health” golf tournament is June 17 at Black Rock Creek Golf Course in Sunnyside, with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $100 per golfer, and all proceeds will benefit the Sunnyside Community Hospital Foundation. Tournament sponsorship opportunities also are available. Registration: sunnysidehospital.org/events or 509-837-1310.
▪ The 2016 Swings for Hospice tournament for The Chaplaincy will be held at 1 p.m. June 24 at Canyon Lakes Golf Course. Registration for the four-person best ball tournament starts at 11:30 a.m. Entry fee $200 per person or $600 per team; includes golf cart, range balls and steak/salmon dinner. Information: Mike Kirk, 509-308-1899 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The United Way Charity Golf Tournament is July 29 at Wildhorse Golf Course in Pendleton. Entry fee for the four-person scramble is $100 and includes green fees, golf cart and lunch. Call 541-276-2661 or email email@example.com.
▪ The eighth annual Jess Ford of Pullman Hardhat Classic golf tournament is July 30 at Palouse Ridge Golf Club in Pullman. The tournament benefits the WSU Facilities Services Scholarship Fund/Endowment. Check-in is at 7 a.m., with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. Entry fee is $135 and includes 18 holes, golf cart rental, hat, practice balls and a buffet lunch from Banyan’s on the Ridge. Registration: www.hardhatclassic.wsu.edu/sign-up-now.
▪ Canyon Lakes offers several weekly competitions, including 94.9 The Wolf Howlin’ Mondays and Eagle 106.5 Two Man Tuesdays. Information: 509-582-3736 or www.canyonlakesgolfcourse.com.
▪ Party Bridge players meet from 8:30-11:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at the Richland Community Center. Cards and partners provided. Cost is $1 per session, to be paid at the front desk of the community center. Information: Rose Moore, 509-539-9300; Lewis Smathers, 509-539-6800.
▪ For a schedule of upcoming running and multi-sport events in the Tri-Cities and local area, go to www.3RRR.org and click on the Calendar section of the 3 Rivers Road Runners website.
▪ The Bomber Soccer Academy for ages 6-13 begins in June and is led by Richland High School boys soccer coach Octavio DoValle, who will teach a Brazilian style of play. Camp 1 is June 13-17, Camp 2 is June 20-24 and Camp 3 is June 27-July 1. All sessions are 9:30-11:30 a.m. at Bomber Field. Cost is $80 for ages 6-10 and $90 for ages 11-13. Proceeds from the camp will be used to help improve the soccer fields at Richland High School. Information: call 509-628-0283, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://bombersoccer.com.
▪ Reata Springs Baptist Church will host a free soccer camp Aug. 1-5 for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. The camp will be held at the playing fields behind the Reata Springs Baptist Church located at 2881 Leslie Road in Richland. Times for the camp are from 6-8 p.m. each day. Go to www.reataspringschurch.org to register. Registration deadline is July 25. Contact Bethany Owens at 509-308-6657 for more information.
▪ Upward Soccer’s fall youth soccer league registration is open for players 4 years old through sixth grade. The program introduces young athletes to the game at an early age and quickly enable them to build their skills, speed, strength, and stamina. For information and registration: bethelsports.org.
▪ Fastpitch Northwest will hold a Prospect Evaluation Clinic on June 16 at Walla Walla Community College for area high school softball players (2017-21 graduates). Fastpitch Northwest director Ken Olson and assistant Tom Mauldin will conduct the six-hour camp. Performance at the PEC determines whether a player will be invited to Fastpitch Northwest’s College Exposure Championship tournament from July 19-21 in Centralia. The cost of the PEC is $125. Registration is required. Information: Ken Olson, 360-790-9173; Tom Mauldin, 541-948-9501.
▪ The Tri-Cities Juneteenth Celebration is accepting registrations for the 2016 Juneteenth Co-Ed Softball Tournament for ages 16 and up. The tournament will be June 18 at Kurtzman Park in Pasco. Games start at 9 a.m. Registration fee is $50 per team. Individuals without a team may sign up and possibly be placed on a team. Register by emailing email@example.com or calling Edmon Daniels at 509-547-9604.
▪ The Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility (RMSF) Rose-Iris General Purpose Range is open to the public for target shooting Wednesday and Friday through Sundays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.. The RMSF is located near milepost 8 on State Route 225 north of Benton City. Each adult non-member shooter must pay a $10 fee. People under 18 may shoot for free when accompanied by a parent, guardian or grandparent. The Tri-Cities Shooting Association (TCSA) provides a staff of trained Range Safety Officers. The Shotgun Trap and Skeet ranges are open Saturdays and Sundays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., and Wednesdays 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Go to www.tcsa.info for details.
TRACK AND FIELD
▪ The TrackTown Youth League Hermiston meet is at 11 a.m. June 18 at Hermiston High School. The meet is open to boys and girls ages 8-14 and includes the 100, 400 and 1,500 meters, long jump and turbojav (soft javelin throwing event). No prior track and field experience necessary. Top finishers advance to a championship meet at Hayward Field in Eugene held in conjunction with the U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials. Information/registration: www.tracktownyouthleague.com.
▪ Washington State Volleyball will hold three summer camps on the Pullman campus: Youth Camp (boys and girls entering grades 1-6) on June 20-21 ($75), Individual All-Skills Camp (boys and girls entering grades 7-12) July 10-13 ($250), and High School Team Camp/Tournament (girls entering grades 7-12) July 13-16 ($225). Information and registration: http://www.athletics.wsu.edu/camps/.
▪ Yoga Community, 4415 W. Clearwater in Kennewick, has beginning and advanced classes. Information: 509-528-3475 or 509-521-4287; www.theyogacommunity.com.
To submit items, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to: Sports Calendar, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA, 99336; fax to: 582-1510; or deliver to building.