On April 5 in ...
* 2008 -- Colton Yellow Horn had a hat trick and Chet Pickard got the shutout as the Tri-City Americans defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 4-0 to even their best-of-7 Western Hockey League series to 1-1.
* April 5, 2001 -- Jeremy Hanson scored 19 minutes into the match and Nick Dahl added a goal in the final minute as the Hanford boys soccer team defeated Sunnyside 2-0 in a Mid-Valley League match.
* 1993 -- Tri-City Chinook point guard Jo Jo English finished third in the CBA rookie-of-the-year voting. Grand Rapids guard Gerald Madkins was named Rookie of the Year. In other Chinook news, Calvin Duncan agreed to a one-year deal to coach the Chinook.
Never miss a local story.
* 1988 -- Kennewick High grad Gordon Hudson, a tight end, was one of 21 free agents who signed deals with the Denver Broncos.
* 1976 -- Lindsay Tucker, Mark Culverhouse and Phil Daling all hit home runs as the Richland baseball team defeated Hanford 14-9 at the Kennewick Invitational baseball tournament at Roy Johnson Field.