On March 18 in ...
* 1983 -- Jeff Bumgarner struck out five batters in five innings, while John Perry, Tracey Meyer and Dan Saueressig each had two hits as Hanford beat Richland 11-3 in baseball.
* 1976 -- Kevin Bailey shot a 78 at Sham-Na-Pum Golf Course to help lead the Hanford boys over Pasco 330-341.
* 1974 -- Hermiston's Rob Conboy, a senior who averaged 16.2 points, was named to the All-Intermountain Conference boys basketball first team.
* 1964 -- Former Cleveland Indians great Bob Feller spoke to the Lower Valley Knife and Fork Club in Sunnyside, saying that "money has become the most important statistic in baseball. The owners pay big money for home runs, not stealing bases or bunting."
* 1955 -- Leon Wright struck out eight, gave up four hits and walked four, but he still lost as his Benton City teammates committed 11 errors in a 7-5 baseball loss to Grandview.