On March 17 in ...
* 2009 -- Nate Eppich and Drew Jenks each had two hits as Connell defeated Cashmere 4-2 in a nonleague baseball game.
* 2003 -- Bart Patitucci shot a 79 at Black Rock Creek Golf Course to lead the Othello boys past Prosser 321-397.
* 1991 -- The Tri-City Americans went on a 5-0 run in the third period to complete an 8-7 Western Hockey League win over visiting Portland. Terry Degner and
Bill Lindsay each scored two goals for the Americans.
* 1964 -- Don Price hit two triples and gave up one run in three innings of pitching as Sunnyside defeated Grandview 9-2 in the baseball season opener.
* 1959 -- Kennewick's Gordon "Newsboy" Johnson received the Pete Rademacher Award, given to the area's outstanding amateur fighter by the Yakima Monday Morning Quarterback Club.