On Dec. 11 in ...
* 1990 -- Chad Herron hit a 3-pointer with 4 seconds remaining to give the Pasco boys basketball team a 54-52 Big Nine Conference road victory over Moses Lake. Herron finished with a game-high 23 points, while teammate John Cazier added 13. Jeff Palmer led Moses Lake with 22 points.
* 1979 -- Shari DeVoir made a free throw with 4 seconds left to clinch the Richland girls basketball team's 46-43 victory over Hanford. Beth Willard led the Bombers with 15 points, while Sue Cantrell paced Hanford with 10.
* 1969 -- Joe Rodriguez (103 pounds), Terry Gore (127) and Bill Krueger (138) each earned pins as Prosser defeated Naches 31-21 in wrestling.
* 1969 -- Bernie Little, owner of the Miss Budweiser unlimited hydroplane, collaborated with Tom Friedkin to purchase the Miss Bardahl. The two planned to run the boat as Miss Budweiser 2 in the Tri-Cities, Seattle and San Diego races in 1970.
* 1962 -- The Columbia Basin College football team arrived in Los Angeles to prepare for the Junior Rose Bowl game, set for Dec. 15 against Santa Ana in Pasadena. Santa Ana went on to win 20-0.