On Dec. 10 in ...
* 2006 -- Nikki DePeel and Lindsey Begaii combined for 28 points as the Columbia Basin College women's basketball team defeated visiting Chemeketa 75-74 in double overtime. Brittney Chandler and Rondelle Guthrie each added 10 points for the Hawks.
* 2001 -- Bryan Jolley scored 18 points and grabbed six rebounds as the host Columbia Basin College men's basketball team defeated Eastern Oregon University's junior varsity team 81-55. Andy Harper finished with 16 points for the Hawks, while Zach White had 15.
* 1977 -- Kamiakin's box-and-one defense limited 6-foot-9 Greg Thesenvitz to nine points as the Braves defeated visiting Hanford 56-46 in boys basketball. Steve White led Kamiakin with 26 points, while Lee Adams added 13 points and 13 rebounds, and Mike Borsheim had 10 points and 10 boards. Thesenvitz did grab 18 rebounds.
* 1969 -- Columbia Basin College's Dale Pulisevich, a freshman linebacker, received honorable mention on the Junior College Grid-Wire All-American football team. Pulisevich was a 1963 Prosser High School graduate who spent time in Vietnam with the Army before enrolling at CBC.
* 1960 -- Don Hoirup scored 13 points and Keith Paine added 12 as the Kennewick boys basketball team defeated Walla Walla 59-53.