Regarding the Oct. 21, editorial recommending Don Britain and myself, John Trumbo, for election to the Kennewick City Council.
1. Who attended the Oct. 8 council meeting as a Position 3 candidate to learn more about the Zone 6 booster pump station project on Thompson Hill?
2. Who inquired further about the costs of that proposed project and the related Zone 5 booster pump station?
3. Who researched the costs as posted on the city's website, and then questioned city public works officials about the potential cost savings?
4. Who asked councilman Bob Olson why he voted no on the Zone 6 booster pump station -- a vote he declined to explain?
5. Who took the initiative as a council candidate to question expenditures of taxpayer resources?
The correct answer to all the above is that I did those things, not my opponent. "Bubba" Plunkett was a no-show on Oct. 8.
By the way, just how many council meetings has Plunkett attended in the past 12 months? And what has he done to identify areas of cost-savings in city government?
I submit that the facts concerning his attendance and fiscal conservativism do not support the claims for Plunkett in the editorial.
JOHN TRUMBO, Kennewick