Regarding the Oct. 21, editorial recommending Don Britain and myself, John Trumbo, for election to the Kennewick City Council.
1. Who attended the Oct. 8 council meeting as a Position 3 candidate to learn more about the Zone 6 booster pump station project on Thompson Hill?
2. Who inquired further about the costs of that proposed project and the related Zone 5 booster pump station?
3. Who researched the costs as posted on the city's website, and then questioned city public works officials about the potential cost savings?
Never miss a local story.
4. Who asked councilman Bob Olson why he voted no on the Zone 6 booster pump station -- a vote he declined to explain?
5. Who took the initiative as a council candidate to question expenditures of taxpayer resources?
The correct answer to all the above is that I did those things, not my opponent. "Bubba" Plunkett was a no-show on Oct. 8.
By the way, just how many council meetings has Plunkett attended in the past 12 months? And what has he done to identify areas of cost-savings in city government?
I submit that the facts concerning his attendance and fiscal conservativism do not support the claims for Plunkett in the editorial.
JOHN TRUMBO, Kennewick