For this year’s 4th of July gatherings, here are some excellent reasons for barbecuing veggie burgers and soy hot dogs, rather than animal body parts:
▪ Not sweating nasty E. coli and salmonella bugs, if temperature is too low.
▪ Not sweating cancer-causing compounds, if temperature is too high.
▪ Focusing on fireworks safety, rather than food safety.
▪ Giving your body a holiday from saturated fat, cholesterol and hormones.
▪ Avoiding the animal cruelty and environmental devastation guilt trips.
▪ Sharing a holiday with your strange but lovable veggie friends.
▪ Celebrating a day of independence from the meat industry.
Kyle Timberman, Kennewick