Tri-City Herald letters to the editor have been entertaining through the years. Some were thought-provoking, some were entertaining, and some with differing views made me stop, think and reflect. I’ve put them all into a blender and out came a mix of these “Twisted Truths.”
1. Obama is responsible for everything that has happened in the world since George W. Bush was elected.
2. We should follow in the footsteps of our Founding Fathers, so we will, therefore, open all Kennewick City Council meetings with a Christian prayer, reinstate slavery, hang witches and fire Marie Mosley for being a woman.
3. Infertile couples and the elderly should no longer be allowed to marry as marriage is only about procreation.
4. Our grandchildren’s debt is of the utmost concern, but whether they have a viable planet to live on is irrelevant.
5. A letter to the TCH about rude and incompetent drivers is all it takes to make the Tri-Cities a safer place to drive.
6. A master’s degree and a lifetime of study in climatology are not necessary, as all you really need is Google and a pair of beer goggles.
David W. Nelson, West Richland