Vote Republican if:
1. You're rich.
2. You hate Social Security, Medicare, minorities, women and old people.
3. You want another war.
4. You trust banks, insurance companies, Wall Street and believe they are overregulated.
5. You feel insider trading by members of Congress or their spouses is OK.
6. You feel legislative gridlock is OK.
7. You believe disclosure legislation is a waste of time.
8. You could care less about environmental quality.
9. You believe global warming /climate change are myths.
10. You think it's OK for 45 million Americans to be without health care.
True, the Democrats aren't any better, which leads one to conclude that maybe it's time to put some independents in Congress, persons who have the freedom to represent the people's needs rather than the Republican Party or the Democratic Party needs.
CARL GRANDO, West Richland