I limit myself to a mere 15 questions to a candidate:
1. What branch of the military did you serve in?
2. When was the last time you visited a homeless shelter?
3. What is your favorite Walt Whitman poem?
4. Do you ride a bicycle to work? The bus?
5. What did you do when you saw a little neo-nazi bully a girl or boy?
6. Have you read the novel Jewelweed?
7. Would you buy a purebred pet or adopt from a shelter?
8. Which building would you choose to visit: the GWB library, or Chicago's Art Institute?
9. What second language are you fluent in?
10. What was the last lie you told?
11. Given that 1 percent controls this nation, shall "Rights" be changed to "The Declaration of Privileges?"
12. How would you prevent (or try to) another Sandy Hook tragedy?
13. Do you enjoy telling people what they want to hear?
14. What Christmas present would you give to Sarah Palin?
15. How would you raise respect's single digit rating of Congress to 10 percent?
-- BINK OWEN, Walla Walla