In October I attended a city council meeting with my scout troop. One of the main items discussed was the legalization of marijuana. I would like to tell you my opinion on the subject.
1. I think that legalizing marijuana sends a message to us kids that drug use is acceptable.
2. I think that marijuana leads to use of harder drugs.
3. I think that marijuana is addictive and the continued use of drugs eliminates the user's ability to think clearly.
Never miss a local story.
4. Drug use is dangerous to everyone else. Driving under the influence is dangerous for others. There is a lot of violence associated with drugs. Children can be neglected by drug-addicted parents.
5. Drugs will get lots of new people to do them if they are easily available.
These are the reasons I don't like to have marijuana legal in our state.
CARSON RASMUSSEN, West Richland