▪ Natilee Ruiz of Othello received a degree in child development from San Diego State University in California, and graduated summa cum laude. Based on a 4.0 scale, the distinction of summa cum laude is awarded to undergraduate students with a grade-point average of at least 3.8.
▪ The following students graduated from Linfield College in McMinnville, Ore.
Richland — Finn O. McMichael, bachelor of science, economics and mathematics.
Walla Walla — Kasey J. Wilcox, bachelor of science, health education.
▪ Robin Callow of Kennewick graduated from Boston University with a master’s degree in social work.
▪ Hannah Gallagher of Richland was awarded a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering with high distinction from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Mass.
▪ Jessica Moss of Pasco received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology at George Fox University in Newberg, Ore.
▪ Karli Henderson of Benton City graduated from the University of Montana Western with an associate degree of applied science in natural horsemanship.
▪ Caroline Waring of Richland was awarded the Angier B. Duke Memorial Scholarship to pursue her undergraduate studies at Duke University, Durham, N.C.
The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, room, board and mandatory fees for four years of undergraduate education. The scholarship also funds six weeks of summer study at the University of Oxford and offers $5,000 for independent research and educational enrichment. Based on estimated tuition rates over a four-year period, the scholarship is worth more than $260,000.
She is a graduate of Hanford High in Richland, and the daughter of Anne Waring and Joe Waring.