Two Hanford High School students won grand prizes at the Mid-Columbia Regional Science Fair and will now compete at an international science fair in mid-May in Phoenix.
The wins qualify Naveena Bontha and Anneka Walton for the International Science and Engineering Fair, which pays out $5 million in prizes and features 1,700 high school students from around the world.
Several other Richland students earned first-place awards at the regional fair:
▪ Nikhita Bontha, Enterprise Middle School
Never miss a local story.
▪ Cloe Coker, Carmichael Middle School
▪ Zoe Gotthold, Carmichael Middle School
▪ Christopher Kang, Hanford High School
▪ Shreya Mehta, Enterprise Middle School