A Grandview home and detached garage were destroyed by a fire Saturday afternoon. Fire officials believe it was started by a propane heater placed under the home to thaw frozen pipes.
A Grandview home and detached garage were destroyed by a fire Saturday afternoon. Fire officials believe it was started by a propane heater placed under the home to thaw frozen pipes. Yakima Fire District 5 Courtesy of Yakima Fire District 5
A Grandview home and detached garage were destroyed by a fire Saturday afternoon. Fire officials believe it was started by a propane heater placed under the home to thaw frozen pipes. Yakima Fire District 5 Courtesy of Yakima Fire District 5

Propane heater thawing frozen pipes likely started Grandview house fire

January 03, 2016 03:59 PM

UPDATED January 03, 2016 08:42 PM

More Videos

  • Arson suspected at early morning Kennewick house fire

    Fire inspector Ethan Bishop of the Kennewick Department shares preliminary details about a suspected arson fire in a home at 303 W. 19th Ave. in Kennewick. Firefighters removed Sergio S. Tijerina, 34, from the burning home and Kennewick Police later booked him into the jail on an arson charge. Three other people escaped from the house. No one was injured.